Headquarters: Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Our support is entirely email-based. We wrote a little ode to email right on our site. Shopify interviewed me about why support is so important to us.
When most people read "support", their eyes glaze over. They think about call centers, about being on hold for hours, and about a faceless company reassuring them with a recorded message just how very important their call truly is.
Support isn't a stepping stone for you. You're not after a quick gig in support while you study up for another career. You get the value of deep knowledge and empathy: Support is a destination.
Headquarters: UK (Oxford & London)
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
- Has "thick skin" and is able to handle complaints and unpleasant customers.
- Good comprehension skills- ability to clearly understand and state the issues customers present.
- Highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrated passion for excellence with respect to treating and caring for customers.
- Strong detail orientation and communication/listening skills.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule and occasional overtime when needed.
- Possess a strong work ethic and team player mentality.
- An amazing sense of humour and wants be part of in-house team
- Some experience working with technical product such as software
- Ability to use desktop computer system
- Excellent typing skills
- Some knowledge and experience with Ticketing systems, online chats and email handling queries
- Ability to successfully adapt to changes in the work environment
- Excellent customer service skills, including maintaining focus on customer issue in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to empathise with and prioritise customers needs
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills with diverse customer base
- Demonstrate ownership to resolve challenging customer issues, escalating when necessary
- Demonstrate conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Ability to determine customer needs and provide appropriate solution
- Effective problem solving skills including decision making, time management and immediate prioritisation of tasks as assigned
- Troubleshooting, escalation and ticket resolution
- Ability to approach problems rationally and logically
- Action oriented and self-disciplined
- Organised and detail oriented
- Ability to handle multiple customer queries
- Professionally handle incoming requests from customers and ensure that issues are resolved both promptly and thoroughly.
- Thoroughly and efficiently gather customer information, access and fulfil customer needs, educate the customer where applicable to prevent the need for future contact.
- Manage and prioritise multiple concerns
- organise workflow to meet customer timeframes
- record details of inquiries, comments and complaints
- communicate and coordinate with internal departments
- Handles issues in the best interest of both customer and company.
- Continuously evaluate and identify opportunities to drive process improvements that positively impact the customer’s experience.
- Responsible for compiling and generating reports as they relate to customer service surveys.
- Competitive salary
- Paid holidays
- Formal training programs
- Career growth opportunities
- Super fun and friendly team
Do you have a soft spot for profitable companies with a meaningful, globally used and loved product? Would you like to work within a compact, super-capable team in a refreshing work environment? Would you like to work on an application that is changing the way we learn and communicate? Would you like to learn about how technical support works? You might just be the perfect fit for our new Customer Support opportunity here at Drops!
Our goal at Drops is to ensure effective language learning through a delightful, seamless, gamified experience. We strive to be the #1 app for vocabulary learning and we’re very much on the way there! Our app has been live on the App Store for over 4 years, covering 41 languages, serving 25 million users across the globe and has been featured on both the App Store (App of the Day) and Play Store (App of the Year in 2018). Drops has been featured by TechCrunch, FastCo, Forbes, CNN, Bloomberg, VentureBeat and many more. In short, we’re a tiny but very powerful team spread mostly across Europe, achieving great things the remote way! The founders are involved in everyday implementation, strategy and support, working with the team on innovative ideas to shift the needle in the language learning space.
Check us out and see what you think: http://drops.app.link/
What are we looking for?
We’re looking for a support specialist, focusing on bolstering the relationship with our customers by providing a prompt, professional and warm approach to resolving issues. You’ll have experience using support tools with a focus on automation and providing great service when requiring manual intervention.
- Solve customer issues via different channels with ensuring customers’ satisfaction and happiness with our products and service
- Investigate and analyze issues in Drops. Answer how to questions, recommend known technical solutions and research workarounds
- Take ownership of technical issues and customers problems from the beginning to the end, ensure timely follow-up and satisfactory resolution
- Assist with keeping internal and customer-facing support documentation up-to-date.
- Have excellent listening skills and an empathetic voice and manner
- Can judge subtext easily in a conversation, adapt to the customer's message and constantly evolve the tone of voice to meet the needs of our varying customer base.
- Have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, multitasking while keeping the focus on the customer
- Show composure, resilience, and flexibility as customer needs expand and case volume changes
- Good at mobile devices, apps and other tech products
- Are proficient in English (C1-C2)Have experience in customer support and tooling (preferably zendesk)
- 🌍 All the perks of remote working
- 👥 An awesomely compact 23 person team
- 🧠 Yearly educational allowance
- 💪 Fitness allowance
- 💻 High-end Apple hardware and ergonomic accessories
- 🏖 36 days of holiday per year (including Christmas and other holidays)
- ✈️ Quarterly team gathering somewhere in the world (Amsterdam, Iceland, Lisbon and Budapest were previous locations)
- Have a passion for education, design, and creative work
- Are excited to create “wow” moments for customers
- Have exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Have demonstrated passion for excellence in providing support to customers
- Are enthusiastic about learning new skills and creative problem-solving
- Possesses a pleasant, patient, and friendly attitude
- Have strong organizational skills, work ethic, and attention to detail
- Are savvy with computers and technology including helpdesk software
- Are excited about working on the future of education with a small, talented, mission-driven team
- Provide world class service and support in a variety of areas to both students and mentors
- Professionally and empathetically handle incoming phone and email requests from students and mentors
- Ensure that issues are resolved both promptly and thoroughly
- Anticipate student and mentor needs and address them in your communication to prevent the need for future contacts
- Contribute towards building our community’s ability to serve themselves
- Serve as an ambassador for the Designlab brand in all communications/interactions
- Own various operational processes that allow for the smooth running of our platform and courses
- Continuously evaluate and identify opportunities to drive process improvements that positively impact the student and mentor experience
- Ability to work remotely with high speed internet access
- 1-2 years of customer service experience (phone and email)
- Working hours will be Central European Time (GMT +1) - you do not have to reside within that timezone but should expect your hours to be as such
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Team is 100% remote, work where you want
- Flexible hours (you set your own schedule)
- Generous paid vacation policy
- Health & dental benefits
- Choose your own Mac setup
- Work with a talented, mission-driven team on a product that’s innovating in the online education space with thousands of paying customers around the world
How to apply
Headquarters: Washington D.C.
Tier 1 Technical Support
- 1+ years in Technical Support experience
- Experience in SaaS
- Working knowledge of HTML & CSS
- A fully functioning workstation and a quiet place to work (with their own laptop or PC)
- Able to comfortably work one of these three shifts:
- 2am ET - 10am ET, Thursday - Monday
- 6pm ET - 2am ET, Thursday - Monday
- 6am ET - 2pm ET, Tuesday - Saturday
- Quick to learn and understand our platform, as well as the video and OTT industry
- Able to work independently
- Native or near-native English speaker
- Overall a nice person :)
Our ideal candidate will also have:
- Experience working with Intercom or similar
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Full-time (40 hours per week) remote job with contract. We want to make it clear that this is NOT a freelance / part-time position you can do in tandem with other professional endeavors
- Amazing, young, and motivated team
- 20 paid days off per year (eligible after the first 6 months with the company)
- Budget for personal development
How to apply:
- Apply using the link below
- We review the applications and email candidates who qualify for the second round
- The qualified candidates will be asked to do a test task: usually a video of yourself answering a few questions
- After we review the submissions, we will organize a Zoom interview with the successful candidates