Account Manager – Local Media Client Services – 109506
Client Services and Sales – USA Offsite, Offsite
As an Account Manager in Nielsen’s Local Media Client Services Division, you will deliver world-class service to some of our largest & most important Local Media clients. You will be dedicated to making your Nielsen clients successful by communicating Nielsen information, changes in methodology and interpreting what it means for your clients. You will seek to uncover opportunities to expand the client’s relationship with Nielsen and ways for Nielsen to provide additional solutions and insights. Working with all Nielsen products including basic ratings, digital, software products, Scarborough, custom analytics and others, you will be responsible for servicing all areas of your clients’ organization. You will be expected to produce individually and in tandem with your team counterparts as well as collaboratively with Product, Analytics and Custom teams to provide expert solutions and service to each of your clients.
- Collaborate with colleagues to provide clients with comprehensive research and sales support
- Manage all aspects of Basic service and methodology changes for each client
- Engage with corporate research leads and all levels of station management – Research, sales, creative services, news- with custom tailored solutions to their specific needs
- Educate stakeholders on media landscape trends and what Nielsen is doing to improve and enhance local television measurement
- Pro-actively call clients to check in, provide sample and product updates, ask questions, and drive their success with Nielsen solutions
- Pro-actively monitor station and competitive performance and produce analyses that yield actionable insights
- Pro-actively share Thought Leadership pieces, Communications, NielsenWire posts, Local Watch Report, Total Audience Report, etc. with focus on how Nielsen data impacts clients’ business
- Coordinate with Media Analytics, Field, Product and Data Science to assure ratings/sample analyses answer client questions with data driven insights and information
- Utilize SalesForce for strong coordination between Account Sales and Account Management
- Partner with Commercial Operations to drive product usage with training and stations
- Coordinate with vertical leads for support of Network owned stations, Regional Sports Nets, Cable Ad Sales
- Interface with Field Directors and conduct sample performance calls as needed
- Location: Remote
- 4 year college degree
- Experience at a television station, agency, cable entity, Nielsen or related media company
- Demonstrated knowledge utilizing Nielsen data, products and methodology
- Technical proficiencies in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Google Suite including Docs, Sheets and Slides
- Demonstrated ability to write cohesive client letters and make presentations to medium to large groups
- Strong business communication, writing, analytical, presentation and organization skills
- The desire and proven ability to work in a team
- Occasional Travel to Clients and Company Events
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Offsite,Offsite
Secondary Locations: , , ,
Travel: Yes, 25% of the Time