Job Description Summary
An exciting opportunity within the newly established Health Thought Leadership Network (Health TLN), this position reports directly to the Assistant Program Director and secondarily to the Director. As an important member of the Health TLN, this position manages administrative processes encompassing a variety of tasks.
As a key member of multiple new health initiatives at Bentley, we are looking for an enthusiastic, creative team player who seeks opportunities to lead and can work independently. Willingness and the ability to learn is extremely important in this newly created role.
- Event and meeting management, including scheduling, setting up registration for events, room reservations, materials preparation
- Manage office operations and general office duties including facilities and supplies
- Complete financial administration tasks such as expense reports, special project payments, and faculty honorariums
- Schedule and coordinate staff and other meetings
- Prepare communications, such as memos, reports, emails, invoices, and other correspondence
- Assist in designing and updating presentations and marketing materials
- Create and maintain electronic filing systems
- Assist with managing the Health TLN social media presence and website
- Contributes to the overall team development of Health TLN staff by maintaining a collaborative and innovative work culture
- Supervise student employees
- Other administrative responsibilities as needed
- A minimum of a High School Diploma and 2-4 years’ experience; Associate degree preferred
- Established computer/tech skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, OneDrive, Teams, Google Drive, Zoom)
- Established social media skills (such as Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and other social media). Experience with Drupal a plus.
- Prior Workday software experience a plus
- Excellent teamwork, communications, and organizational skills
- Willingness and ability to learn and master new technology and platforms
- Must be respectful and aware of diversity of the student, staff and faculty population; make effort to work with cultural differences and open to learning about such differences
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) required
- Outgoing self-starter and ability to work independently
- Must have strong work ethic, be detail oriented and devoted to consistently delivering a high level of customer service
- Must demonstrate initiative and dedication to finishing tasks expediently/when due; must have excellent follow up and follow through skills
- Typical office setting with extensive sitting and computer work
- Academic institution with an inviting and vibrant campus community focused on using business for good
- Ability to travel around campus for meetings and other work related events
- This position is primarily in office. Virtual/remote work can be discussed. Flexible work environment & hours can be discussed after an evaluation period.
Bentley University requires references checks and may conduct other pre-employment screening.
Bentley University strives to create a campus community that welcomes the exchange of ideas, and fosters a culture that values differences and views them as a strength in our community.
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity. The University is committed to building a community of talented students, faculty and staff who reflect the diversity of global business. We strongly encourage applications from persons from underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities, covered veterans and those with diverse experiences and backgrounds.