Agent Support AssociateContract Full Time
At Devoted Health, we’re on a mission to dramatically improve the health and well-being of older Americans by caring for every person like family. That’s why we’re gathering smart, diverse, and big-hearted people to create a new kind of all-in-one healthcare company — one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, service, and technology – to deliver a complete and integrated healthcare solution that delivers high quality care that everyone would want for someone they love. Founded in 2017, we’ve grown fast and now serve members across the United States. And we’ve just started. So join us on this mission!
A bit more about this role:
How do you scale a company while maintaining a tight operation and delighting members with best-in-class service and clinical outcomes? Come find out. At Devoted, we are thinking about Sales differently. We think about our Sales team as an extension of our core member experience and are looking for opportunities to differentiate from the very first interaction a potential member has with our company.
As a Agent Support Associate, you will serve as the primary Devoted Health contact for brokers (independent sales agents) who help people choose a health plan. The Agent Support Associate provides exceptional customer service responding to inquiries and building strong relationships with Brokers.
Brokers are often trusted who sit at the kitchen table with a potential member, reviewing their healthcare needs and helping them select a health plan that is a good fit. They also often help people to navigate the healthcare system after they have enrolled in a plan. You will answer broker inquiries regarding Devoted Health’ss services and our plan benefits. You will help them to check up on the status of applications their clients have filed to enroll in one of Devoted Health’ss plans. Once a broker’ss clients are enrolled as members of Devoted Health, you will also help brokers solve issues that those members may face. The excellent service we demonstrate to brokers will help them to trust us with the responsibility of serving their clients in our health plan.
As a Agent Support Associate you will engage necessary Devoted Health staff members and conduct investigative research to resolve issues. You will work collaboratively with internal partners to reduce issues for brokers and their clients and implement long term solutions to problems identified
Having a solid understanding of Devoted Health’ss products and business processes so that you are able to investigate and resolve broker questions related to: Plan benefit offerings, Doctors, hospitals, and other providers we have in our network, Enrollment process, Commission payment, Responding to broker calls on the Broker Services Line queue as well as responding to emails and voicemails from brokers seeking assistance. Resolving broker issues by researching causes and working with Devoted Health’ss operations team. Exercising discretion and judgment in prioritizing requests. Interpreting and adapting procedures processes and techniques in a dynamic fast-paced environment. Building solid relationships within the Devoted broker community.
Responsibilities will include:
- Having a solid understanding of Devoted Health’ss products and business processes so that you are able to investigate and resolve broker questions related to: Plan benefit offerings / Doctors, hospitals, and other providers we have in our network / Enrollment process / Commission payment
- Responding to broker calls on the Broker Services Line queue as well as responding to emails and voicemails from brokers seeking assistance
- Resolving broker issues by researching causes and working with Devoted Health’ss operations team
- Exercising discretion and judgment in prioritizing requests
- Interpreting and adapting procedures processes and techniques in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Building solid relationships within the Devoted broker community
Attributes to success:
- Strong attention to detail, organized and thorough with a desire for continuous process
- Ability to balance multiple initiatives and prioritize workload
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and strong ability to problem solve
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- High level of self-motivation; ability to accomplish goals independently
- Have a passion to build an organization
- Perform any other job related duties as requested
Desired skills and experience:
- Ability to work in a startup, fast paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in health care
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a huge plus
- 2+ years Customer Service experience
- Experience with data entry
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be detail oriented and able to work independently in a fast changing environment
- Strong understanding of Medicare and healthcare operations
Healthcare equality is at the center of Devoted’s mission to treat our members like family. We are committed to a diverse and vibrant workforce. If you lack a specific credential for this position but believe that your strengths and life experiences will propel our mission, we would love to hear from you.
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you!
Salary Range: $25 – $27 an hour
Our Total Rewards package includes:
- Employer sponsored health, dental and vision plan with low or no premium
- Generous paid time off
- $100 monthly mobile or internet stipend
- Stock options for all employees
- Bonus or commission eligibility for all roles
- Parental leave program
- 401K program
- And more….
*Our total rewards package is for full time employees only. Intern and Contract positions are not eligible.
The salary and/or hourly range listed is a good faith determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job advertisement and may be modified in the future. When determining a team member’s base salary and/or rate, several factors may be considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, years of relevant experience, education, credentials, budget and internal equity).
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoted’s Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.