Analytics and Insights AssociateFull Time
Login to bookmark
We help protect our customers against life’s uncertainties. Regardless of where you work within the company, you’ll be helping provide protection and peace of mind when our customers need it most.
Are you passionate about using data to tell compelling stories and drive business decision-making? Do you want to work remotely and collaborate with people all over the country?
Protective Life’s Asset Protection Division is looking to hire an Analytics and Insights Associate. We have grown significantly in recent years, and we are excited to develop a sales analytics function from the ground up. In this role, you’ll help guide the future of our analytics and insights capabilities. You will perform all technical tasks required to gather data and develop reports using PowerBI.
But you won’t only create reports – you will also use them to help guide strategic decision-making. Leadership will look to you to generate insights, identify trends, and make recommendations to make our company even stronger and more productive. You’ll get to work with professionals in multiple different areas (sales, product, finance, and marketing, among others). You’ll get to identify complex problems, help solve them, and be part of setting us up for long-term future growth opportunities.
Data and Reporting:
- Engages in data mining, quality and validation activities to identify trends in the business
- Simplifies and automates existing manual data-related processes
- Performs quantitative analysis of sales and operational data
- Creates reports, dashboards, etc to drive a future state of holistic KPI reporting
- Works independently and receives minimal guidance
Insight and Analytics:
- Provides business intelligence support for business segments or the company-at-large
- Analyzes complex problems using internal and external data; works with SMEs to produce recommendations and plans
- Approaches business problems with curiosity and inquisitiveness; challenges the status quo when making data-based recommendations
- Finds key areas of opportunity in operational data; narrates the findings to all levels of the organization
- Mentors and teaches best practices in data analysis and visualizations to colleagues with less experience
- May lead small to medium projects related to data, reporting, analytics, and insights
- Performs ad hoc analysis as needed
- 5-years of experience analyzing and correlating different and disparate sources of data
- 5-years of experience gathering data-based insights and making business recommendations
- Experience helping others understand complex information in a simple way
- Experience with insurance products or in the auto and recreational vehicle industry.
- An innovative, iterative, test-and-learn mindset focused on progress over perfection. Experience working this way in a medium-to-large organization.
- Approaches business problems with curiosity and inquisitiveness; not afraid to challenge the status quo.
- A strong communicator and natural collaborator with attention to detail
- Experience taking a recommendation all the way from multiple data inputs, through the collection and analysis process, to telling a story with a strong recommendation, guiding the implementation of the recommendation, and monitoring its success long term.
- Experience with PowerBI
- Advanced Excel skills
- Basic SQL coding experience
- Travel is expected as business needs dictate
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
This position is a Virtual/work from home position subject to our virtual workplace standards
Salary and Incentives: Protective’s targeted salary range for this position is $80,000 to $90,000. Actual salaries may vary depending on factors, including but not limited to, job location, skills, and experience. The range listed is just one component of Protective’s total compensation package for employees.
This position also offers additional incentive opportunities through an annual incentive based on individual and Company performance.
We aim to protect our employees’ wellbeing through a broad benefits offering. For example, we protect physical wellbeing through health, dental and vision insurance. We protect mental wellbeing through mental health benefits and an employee assistance program. We protect time away from work with a variety of paid time away benefits (e.g., paid time off, paid parental leave, short-term disability, and a cultural observance day). We protect financial wellbeing through contributions to healthcare accounts, a pension plan, and a 401(k) plan with Company matching. All employees are encouraged to protect their overall wellbeing by engaging in ProHealth Rewards, Protective’s platform to improve wellbeing while earning cash rewards.