Fix My Cash Flow (FMCF) is looking for someone who can help our growing organization with QuickBooks Online bookkeeping and cash flow management. FMCF is committed to maintaining a business that is inclusive and where all employees respect the other humans we do business with regardless of their race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status.
You must have experience using QuickBooks Online and creating complex spreadsheets with Microsoft Excel. Accuracy is paramount. Some of the applications we use on a regular basis include Google Apps (Sheets, Calendar, Docs, Drive, Chrome) Asana, Boomerang, Dropbox, and Grammarly.
The ideal candidate will have a desire to continually learn new skills as well as have a friendly, slightly outgoing personality. This is a positive and energetic business. You’ll work virtually with other team members via email, video conferencing, and screen-sharing.
- Review, modify, and update vendor contracts.
- Review, approve, and pay vendor bills via Bill.com
- Ensure vendors provide their W-9 prior to issuing their first payment.
- Organize documents in Dropbox.com or other online cloud storage system.
- Comply with vendor bill payment policies and procedures and update as necessary.
- Prepare weekly Unpaid Vendor Bills report.
- Ensure timely completion of employee expense reports submitted via Expensify.
- Record upcoming cash outflows on Bill.com Cash Forecast.
- Prepare 1099s at year-end.
- Review customer invoices prepared by the accounts receivable specialist.
- Review and update customer agreements prepared by accounts receivable specialist.
- Reconcile bank and credit card accounts in QBO.
- Record adjusting journal entries in QBO as needed.
- Assist with the month-end closing process.
- Onboard new employees with Gusto as needed.
- Register company to do business in various states on an as-needed basis.
- Monitor checking account balance to ensure the business has the funds to pay its bills for at least 30 days.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reporting package.
- Document processes and procedures.
- Identify inefficiencies in financial practices and recommend improvements.
- Fluent North American English-speaking skills. (Seriously . . . this is non-negotiable.)
- Dedicated home office with computer, high-speed internet access, desk, chair, printer, scanner, and smartphone.
- Willing and able to quickly respond to requests, such as reviewing (or preparing) a customer invoice within one business day.
- Care about putting forth high-quality work., organizing work product, writing in complete sentences, using punctuation, proofreading emails, and double-checking work for accuracy and completeness.
- Experience working in a virtual environment and using cloud-based applications.
- Communicate in a friendly, personal but professional way. Go ahead, use a well-known colloquialism.
- Err on the side of over-communicating rather than under-communicating—the more updates and detail you can provide, the better.
- Handle mistakes gracefully. Then, propose a process to prevent the same mistake from happening again.
- Take ownership of tasks and responsibilities.
- Be proactive about finding better, more efficient ways of doing things.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant personality under stress.
- Must be a self-starter who can handle a heavy volume of work and be able to handle multiple tasks at the same time.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Ability to follow written instructions and offer recommendations for improvement.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Willingness to undergo a 50-state criminal background check.
- Google Apps: Drive, Sheets, Chrome, and Docs
Education + Experience
- At least seven (7) years of experience working as a bookkeeper.
- Understanding of some of the above-listed software applications or a fast ability to learn.
- Two-year community college business degree with bookkeeping or accounting courses (preferred but not required).
- Experience handling customer invoice collections from Fortune 1000 companies (preferred but not required).
- 10 to 15 Hours per week, depending on work volume.
- Monday to Friday between 9:00 am to 5:00 pm ET. (There’s some room for flexibility if you live in a different time zone.)
- $40 to $50 per hour depending on experience and qualifications.
- This is a 1099 contractor position.
Complete form below to apply. Please complete the application ASAP. Speed and fast action-taking are rewarded at FMCF.