ASAP, the on-demand delivery brand for Waitr Holdings Inc., is an online ordering technology platform using the “deliver anything ASAP” model making it easy to order food, alcohol, convenience items, groceries, flowers, auto parts and more, at your fingertips and get them delivered ASAP. Its proprietary in-stadium mobile ordering technology now provides an enhanced fan experience at sports and entertainment venues, allowing fans to place orders from their favorite in-stadium concessions, directly from their seats. Additionally, the ASAP platform facilitates access to third parties that provide payment processing solutions for restaurants and other merchants. It provides a convenient way to discover, order and receive a wide variety of on-demand products – ASAP. As of June 30, 2022, ASAP operates in approximately 1,000 cities throughout the United States.
ASAP is looking for a highly self-motivated Business Development Manager to join our Sales team. The Business Development Manager is responsible for propelling the rapid growth of ASAP through the acquisition of new restaurant partners and upselling existing partners with value-added services like Processing solutions and in-app add buys. The ideal candidate will be a hunter that uses a consultative and solutions based selling approach, have great presentation and communication skills and have that “hungry” mentality.
The base salary for this role starts between $50,000-$55,000 annually + commission. On Target Earnings for the first year falls between $100,000-$125,000+ depending on performance. If you are hungry, self motivated and want to control your income this is the position for you!
Please Note: This is a Hybrid position, 2 days per week can be remote outreach and follow up, the other 3 days will be spent in-market meeting with prospective restaurant partners and signing with them in person.
- Develop strategic action plans to manage your territory and reach company/individual sales goals.
- Work directly with local restaurants to help them connect with hungry diners in their area and grow their business via ASAP mobile applications.
- Establish relationships with decision makers; restaurant managers and owners.
- Adjust your approach to each potential customer, assess prospect needs, clearly communicate advantages, and identify and overcome challenges that impede the sale.
- Identify, qualify, and prioritize new business opportunities and develop a strategy for closing new restaurant partner accounts.
- Use a consultative sales approach, seek to understand potential restaurant partner’s needs and present solutions that will help their business.
- Provide consistent and timely follow up communication and action steps after every sales call.
- Utilize HubSpot (CRM System) to forecast sales pipeline, maintain a record of all conversations, activities and opportunities.
- Register and participate in local business organizations to meet prospective customers, build and maintain relationships with existing customers and obtain market knowledge.
- Cold calling by telephone, email and in person meetings with potential restaurant partners.
- Source and collect Credit card processing statements from new and existing partners as part of a consultative processing solution.
- Qualify partners for processing solutions and be able to take them full cycle through the sale from first touch through activation.
Required Education & Experience:
- Education: Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred (Business, Sales and Marketing, or related fields are preferred).
- Sales Experience: 1 or more years of customer facing outside sales experience.
- Successful Record of Sales Achievement: Proven experience developing new pipeline opportunities and generating revenue.
- Financial underwriting, Banking, and Payment Processing experience is preferred, not required.
- Sales Hunter: The position is built for someone who possesses a hunter mentality with a consultative approach. Strong cold calling and professional network development experience.
ASAP, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: ASAP, Inc. is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ASAP, Inc. are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.