Location(s): MN – Minneapolis; CO – Denver
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
This is a full-time, permanent, benefited position. Please note: this position requires participating in an on-call rotation.
During COVID-19 Pandemic this position may require the ability to temporarily work remote within the company service territory until company protocol dictates return to the office criteria has been met. This position will be based in either Minneapolis, MN or Denver, CO.
Telecommuting Policy: A plan has been created to officially rollout a hybrid work-from-home option that will take effect when it is safe to move forward to return to the workplace. This position will participate in this new policy.
The successful social media candidate will develop strategy, generate content and analyze data to help drive business objectives. Excellent communications, strong writing and project management skills are required. So is the ability to work well with clients and cross-functional teams to ensure social channels align with all communications, overall corporate strategy, business units and jurisdictions.
- Content: Plans, researches, writes, edits and coordinates strategy and development of electronic and web-based communications, including organic and paid advertisements for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, and collateral material. Coordinates work and schedules with videographers, graphic designers, and communication consultants ensuring final products meet client needs. Documents and improves processes to produce quality, on-time results within budget.
- Analytics: Uses data and insights to ground work and develop strategy and tactics that support business goals. Gathers and shared data from social media to provide feedback loops to partners and clients.
- Consultant: Serves on various cross-functional teams to provide communications perspectives and helps develop and implement plans and tactics to achieve team’s mission. Provides recommendations and advocates for the best use of social media, communications, digital marketing counsel to clients.
- Technology: Works closely with vendor-partners, including social media management tool, agency, social networks, influencers, contractors, etc., to ensure project production meets quality and timing requirements; creative implementation on social channels is accurate, receives invoices and initiates payment process, including ensuring correct budget codes are used. Understands and supports Xcel Energy’s brand; understands and demonstrates behaviors in accordance with the corporate values.
- Degree in journalism, public relations, communications or related discipline.
- Five to seven years’ experience in positions that require significant, direct interaction with clients, designers and production vendors on social media.
- Required to work on call rotation.
- Work in an agency or corporate setting preferred.
- Proven ability to write clearly, concisely, quickly and accurately, incorporating key messages and calls to action and using appropriate language and tone for the target audience.
- Able to progress on a variety of projects during the course of the workday and accustomed to working at a fast pace.
- Experience and success in marketing communications for business-to-business and/or business-to-consumer products, including social media marketing, digital marketing, direct marketing, and channel marketing.
- Experience working with a Social Media Management tool (Hootsuite, Sprinklr, Khoros, Adobe, Salesforce) strongly preferred.
- Experience handling complaints/negative comments strongly preferred
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities stongly preferred.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN – Minneapolis || MN – Minneapolis; CO – Denver || United States (US) || Strategy Plng and Ext Affairs || 71225:Strategic Communications Corp || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $62,700 to $89,033 per year
to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 36468
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at