The finance group at Dotdash Meredith is looking for a content brief writer with a strong editorial background and a good grasp of SEO best practices. In this contract, remote role, you’ll work closely with our editorial and growth teams to provide smart guidance to editors working on new, trending articles and updating existing evergreen articles. This is a remote position, but applicants must live within the United States and be able to commit between 20 to 40 hours per week. The rate is $30 per hour.
About Your Contributions:
- Analyzing keywords and creating content outlines with SEO and editorial best practices in mind.
- Maintaining strong relationships and daily communication with editorial and SEO staff, and freelance writers.
- At least two years experience writing or editing in finance sectors (ideally consumer-friendly, actionable articles)
- Understand SEO best practices and have a strong editorial instinct and confidence around what makes an article successful
- Pro at competitive research—and love doing it
- A plus if you have used SEMrush or Ahrefs
- Detail-oriented, deadline-focused, and independent
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree a plus
- Relevant professional certifications (CFA, CPA, CMT) also a plus