, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We work with more than 2,500 institutions to drive transformative change through data-driven insights and best-in-class capabilities. From K-12 to college to career, EAB partners with leaders and practitioners to accelerate progress and drive results across five major areas: enrollment, student success, institutional strategy, data & analytics, and diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I). We work with each partner differently, tailoring our portfolio of research, technology, and marketing and enrollment solutions to meet the unique needs of every leadership team, as well as the students and employees they serve.
At EAB, we serve not only our partner institutions but each other—that’s why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their communities. See how we’ve been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our .
For more information, visit
The Role in Brief:
This role is responsible for developing strategies to improve .edu website content in ways that maximize user engagement and drive results. Working closely with Partners, Brand Strategists, SEO Specialists and our Digital Production team, this position is equal parts investigator, planner, visual and verbal communicator. We are looking for someone who not only knows when and where to say something, but also the best way to do so. Ideal candidates have a marketing mindset, are strong writers and communicators, and able to think about how individual pages fit into an existing website ecosystem.
This role may be based in Washington, DC, Richmond, VA or remote.
· Conduct focused website content audits to identify opportunities to improve on-page content hierarchy, clarity of communication, related content discoverability and goal completion.
· Develop strategies to optimize user flow and increase goal completion between specific areas of a website.
· Lead CMS capability conversations to understand the opportunities and constraints of each Partner’s content management system.
· Participate in internal and external subject matter expert interviews to establish a factual basis for strategic recommendations and written communication.
· Work with the core agency team to ensure that strategic recommendations are supported by data and analytics.
· Use visual design tools to create grey-box content briefs to document on-page content strategies for partner approval prior to content creation.
· Write copy based on the recommended content strategies with emphasis on branded, long-form, SEO-optimized website copy.
· Ensure that all deliverables have solid, strategic rationale and are presented in an inspiring way that shows high value and facilitates understanding.
· Build rapport with partners and vendors during online and onsite partner presentations.
· Continually evaluate creative products and processes and work with the Associate Director of Content Strategy to identify opportunities for improvement.
· Bachelor’s degree
· 2+ years of experience developing content strategies
· Experience writing short and long form web copy that builds affinity and achieves business goals
· Knowledge of SEO best practices and tools
· Familiarity with basic website content entry using a CMS
· Desire to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment, managing multiple projects with simultaneous deadlines
· Experience presenting to a variety of internal and external stakeholders, including the ability to build aesthetically pleasing presentations
· Must have excellent attention to detail related to grammar and spelling
· Must have a portfolio or samples of relevant work
· Commitment to valuing diversity, practicing inclusive behaviors, and contributing to an equitable working and continual learning environment in support of EAB’s
· Working knowledge of visual design tools such as. Figma, Sketch or Adobe XD
· Familiarity with UX best practices
· Experience working in the education industry
If you’ve reached this section of the job description and are unsure of whether to apply, please do! At EAB, we welcome diversity of background and experience. We would encourage you to submit an application if this is a role you would be passionate about doing every day.
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package.
· Medical, dental, and vision insurance; dependents and domestic partners eligible
· 401(k) retirement plan with company match
· 20+ days of PTO annually, in addition to paid firm holidays
· Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
· Paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents
· Phase Back to Work program for employees returning from parental leave
· Infertility treatment coverage and adoption or surrogacy assistance
· Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
· Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
· Benefits kick in day one,
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and are committed to fostering a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.