This is an exciting opportunity for an established, knowledgeable and connected journalist / content writer looking to cover the emerging cryptocurrency space and its place in the dynamic world of finance.We are looking for reporters and content writers to help expand our coverage of the fast-changing industry. Reporting to the Editor, you will be curious, motivated, organised and nimble, bringing a wide-ranging skillset and broad experience to a role that will be fast-paced but also rewarding for the right candidate.You will be part of a team and will help research and write longer-form content ranging from features and interviews to technical analysis, definitions and in-depth “everything you need to know” backgrounders as well as price predictions and explainers.This is a great job for an all-rounder who wants to have a go at everything. You will be part of an international operation publishing in several languages.
Reporters and content writers will work on a mix of news-based and longer-form content production, as necessary. You will be expected to report market moves, results, price changes and develop contrast to breaking news. You will also carry out feature and profile interviews, write in-depth content and examine subjects in depth. You will also constantly update evergreen content with the latest facts and figures and/or news angles.
- At least 3 years of editorial experience with an understanding and, more importantly, interest in the cryptocurrency industry;
- In-depth financial and markets knowledge as well as fluency and understanding of business, industry and finance;
- Experience of reporting on cryptocurrency industry;
- Ability to identify emerging trends within the industry;
- Ability to scan multiple social media platforms for story ideas and emerging trends;
- Research and write original stories as well as longer-form features;
- Break news and create readable, shareable content on a daily basis;
- Identify established and emerging players in the cryptocurrency industry and be able to secure interviews with them as well as policymakers influential in the space, executives and others able to provide an insight;
- Talent for networking and building contacts with key industry figures through attendance of events and various conferences;
- Ability to write clear copy quickly and concisely.
Nice to have:
- Established social media following
- Understanding of Google Trends
- Bulging contacts book