This is a virtual/remote position to teach students in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia (overnight hours in some time zones depending on your location). This role will be a contract role for 4-6 months.
As a Teaching Assistant, you will support the bootcamp instructors in teaching, lecturing, live demos and more. The position may include refining and creating courses to be released to Coding Dojo boot camp students.
- Support Instructors by taking attendance, grading, and assisting with lectures, live demos, and labs
- Conduct configuration reviews and provide feedback to students as necessary
- Enforce the 20-minute rule
- Conduct frequent check-ins with students (every 20 minutes depending) to identify what students are working on, support their learning, and provide feedback
- Create and sustain a fun atmosphere for learning
- Support students remotely via Zoom & chat forums
- Provide student feedback to the instructor
- Experience with Cyber Security programs that lead to industry acknowledged certifications
- Experience with full-time training courses such as CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CEH, or CompTIA Security+
- Desire to help and explain concepts to students
- Enthusiasm – exhibits passion and excitement overwork. Has a can-do attitude
- Calm under pressure – maintains stable performance even when under heavy pressure or stress
- Intelligence – demonstrates the ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information
- Communication – can break down complex concepts in a simple, easy to understand the manner
- Humble – respectful of everyone
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- 1 year industry experience working in a Cybersecurity role (e.g. Analyst, Engineer, Instructor, White Hat, Red Team/Blue Team, etc.)
- Reliable internet connection and equipment to perform all job duties
- Once-in-a-lifetime chance to virtually interact with the Saudi Arabian culture
- Excellent entry into portfolio/resume/CV
- Support from world class network of teaching staff
- Experience the technology and skills without the stress of actual development/engineering
- Be a part of the mission to diversify the tech industry
- Be on the cutting edge of new program development
- Work with students and staff from around the world
- Share your experience and knowledge with future generations
About Coding Dojo
Coding Dojo is a global education technology company that offers a three full-stack web development Bootcamp, as well as courses on Data Science and other emerging technologies. Our innovative curriculum and Learning Management System is designed to train students to become self-sufficient developers, regardless of their technical background. We also make it our mission to support underserved communities and increase diversity in the tech industry.
This position is a rare opportunity to join a rapidly growing company and make a positive impact in many people’s lives. At Coding Dojo we pride ourselves on possessing a culture of execution that caters to wavemakers rather than wave riders. If you are interested in joining a diverse and dynamic team who values speed, continuous improvement, measurement, focus, accountability, and “attacking the gap”, you will feel right at home at Coding Dojo.
Coding Dojo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Coding Dojo is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.