Your work makes the difference between a user seeing a bus drive away or reaching it just in time. We feel a great sense of responsibility at Citymapper. Millions of users around the world trust our green app to be on time for work, a job interview or a date.
As one of our Data Analysts you will build the timetable data that powers the Citymapper app and help launch new cities. You’ll use secret magic (and our internal tools) to transform often messy transit schedules into shiny and reliable user information whilst building, validating, and shipping data directly to users on a daily basis.
Working with our engineers to improve tools and automate tasks, you’ll manage data in a range of French and European cities across different formats.
This role is designed for French-speaking contractors based anywhere in the world, but with an obsessive knowledge and adoration for public transport networks.
We are a diverse team of transport enthusiasts from all around the world with extensive language skills, who are not afraid to get our hands dirty with transit data. Join us for the ride!
The position is open to applicants with all levels of experience as we’ll teach you the technical skills to succeed. You’ll need:
- A true passion for public transport and cities, good understanding of how public transport networks operate.
- A technical mindset, comfortable dealing with data, willingness to learn new data skills.
- A hands-on, proactive, practical, pragmatic attitude.
- An exceptional attention to detail with good organisational skills.
- Some familiarity with common transit data formats or data-wrangling is a plus (GTFS, TransXChange, Siri, Hafas, JSON, XML etc)
- French and English are a must, any other European language a plus.
- Contractor position in a remote-first team.
- Working on something interesting and meaningful – helping to make cities usable.
- Working with a not-too-big, diverse engineering team.
- Arcane public transport knowledge with which to dazzle your friends.