We are looking for a responsible Administrative Assistant to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. The ideal candidate will be computer savvy and a fast typist with a keen eye for detail. You will report to a data manager or another senior data team member. Understanding of data confidentiality principles is compulsory.
You will be responsible for accurately and efficiently inputting and updating data into the company’s databases and systems. This role requires attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and the ability to work efficiently and accurately.
Also will be responsible for managing and growing the company’s social media presence across all platforms. This includes creating and scheduling engaging content, implementing social media campaigns, and analyzing and reporting on the performance of social media efforts.
The ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of social media marketing and be able to use data and analytics to inform their strategy. They should also have excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
The ideal candidate should have excellent keyboarding skills, be proficient in Microsoft Office, and have experience with data entry or data management. They should also be able to work independently and be able to follow specific instructions and guidelines.
The company will rely on you for having accurate and updated data that are easily accessible through a digital database. Duties of the Administrative Assistant include providing support to our managers and employees, assisting in daily office needs, and managing our company’s general administrative activities.
Education: High School or College degreeExperience: Review and modify files as needed Manage database requirements.
Strong computer literacy skills Excellent attention to detail Experience with Microsoft Office Must be able to type 45 WPM
Remote work only
As per collective agreement
Work Term: Full/Part Time
Work Language: English
Hours: Flexible hours per week
What does an Administrative Assistant do?:
Administrative Assistant responsibilities include making travel and meeting arrangements, preparing reports, and maintaining appropriate filing systems. The ideal candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to organise their work using tools, like MS Excel and office equipment. If you also have previous experience as a Secretary or Executive Administrative Assistant and familiarity within our industry, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, a successful Admin Assistant should ensure the efficient and smooth day-to-day operation of our office.
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Organise and schedule appointments
- Plan meetings and take detailed minutes
- Write and distribute email, correspondence memos
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Transfer data from paper formats into computer files or database systems Type in data provided directly from customers
- Create spreadsheets with large numbers of figures without mistakes
- Verify data by comparing it to source documents
- Update existing data
- Retrieve data from the database or electronic files as requested
- Perform regular backups to ensure data preservation
- Sort and organise paperwork after entering data to ensure it is not lost
- Update and maintain office policies and procedures
- Order office supplies and research new deals and suppliers
- Maintain contact lists
- Submit and reconcile expense reports
- Provide general support to visitors
- Act as the point of contact for internal and external clients
- Liaise with executive and senior administrative assistants to handle requests and queries from senior managers
- Basic Knowledge as an Administrative Assistant, Virtual Assistan
or Office Admin Assistant * Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- High School degree; additional qualification as an Administrative assistant or Secretary will be a plus
- Proven experience as data entry clerk
- Fast typing skills; Knowledge of touch typing system is strongly preferred
- Excellent knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets (MS Office Word, Excel, etc.)
- Working knowledge of office equipment and computer hardware and peripheral devices
- Basic understanding of databases
- Good command of English both oral and written and customer service skills
- Great attention to detail
- High school degree or equivalent
Job descriptions are used for informational purposes only, are not to be considered all inclusive of responsibilities within a position, and may change periodically with or without notice. In addition, we reserve the right to add, delete, change duties, formally or informally, verbally or in writing, at any time for any position. Job descriptions do not alter the at-will policy of the Company, meaning that the employee or employer can terminate employment at any time, for any reason, with or without cause.
We are equal opportunity employers. We will not discriminate or make hiring decisions based on race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, political affiliation, sexual orientation or any other criteria that would violate any Federal or State laws.