As a Data Entry Clerk/Excel professional, you will help achieve the agency goal of enabling DOR to operate efficiently and effectively. Your tasks will include:
- Enter data using a standard keyboard
- Verify data from scanned documents into one of two processing systems, checking for accuracy and make corrections as required.
- Applicants must have the ability to work independently with accuracy; complete assigned tasks within strict deadlines, have excellent comparison skills; the ability to sit for an extended period of time, while reviewing and keying the onscreen data; and ability to work in a fast-paced production environment.
Special Requirement: Must be able to alpha-numeric key a minimum of 45 words per minute with no errors. The most qualified applicants from the interviews, will be required to take a typing test to verify this skill.
While working at DOR, youll enjoy impactful and fulfilling work, along with:
- Generous Paid Time Off (2.6 weeks of vacation, 9 holidays, 4.5 personal holidays, and ample accrued sick time that rolls over each year.)
- Retirement Benefits (participation in one of the nations top pension programs!)
- Excellent Health Benefits
- Low-cost health, vision, and dental insurance options
- Free wellness opportunities (health coaching and a confidential employee assistance program)
- Healthy Work Environment
- Work/life balance, business casual office atmosphere, and remote work options
- Learning and professional growth opportunities
- Inclusive culture committed to equity and inclusion for all employees
- Additional benefits (life insurance, income continuation insurance, commuter benefits, student loan forgiveness, and additional retirement savings programs)
The register created from this recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies in the next six months within DOR.
Here is a copy of the position description.
Starting pay for this Revenue Tax Representative-Objective (pay schedule/range 02-09) for this position is $17.51 hourly ($36,421 annually), plus excellent benefits. Current state employees pay will be based on the provisions in the Compensation Plan. A twelve-month probationary period is required.
The Department of Revenue will conduct criminal background, tax compliance checks and fingerprint checks on candidates prior to offer of hire. Interview results may be reused in accordance with the State of WI interview reuse policy.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States. The Department of Revenue does not sponsor work or student visas, either at time of hire or at any later time.
Minimum qualified candidates will have experience in each of the following:
- Experience entering data into a computer system.
- Experience entering or verifying confidential or Personal Identifiable Information (PII) (such as tax records, medical records, name, address, social security number, telephone number, email address, etc.).
- Experience utilizing computer programs and software (such as Microsoft Office Suite for data entry, report production, and document creation).
Well qualified candidates will have experience in the following (in addition to the minimum qualifications):
- Experience or formal training in document capture/processing software (such as IBM Intelligent Forms Processing (IFP), Kofax Capture, OnBase, etc.).