The Developer – MarTech, Marketing Automation & Personalization plays a key technical role on critical software projects. This role is to design and develop custom Java solutions, including web interfaces and automation services running on an Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) /APIs with Microservices. These services are used by our Marketing teams to deliver Personalized Offers through web/mobile, care center, event based and direct marketing channels.
Technical Skills Profile – The Developer – MarTech, Marketing Automation & Personalization will be required to demonstrate the following skills to be effective over the course of this role. These are the three main technical elements we are seeking in this role.
- UI Path – Understanding of creating and supporting RPA (Robotic Process Automation) to automate the ordering processes. For instance, an offer is accepted on the frontend, and that triggers a robotic process to complete the steps of ordering.
- Node.js – Understanding of the backend processes that link the custom frontend applications, the robotic processes, and the operational support required.
This role is a hybrid work arrangement where the candidate can perform this role in-office or remote. In-office expectations within our operating footprint will be limited and based on an “on purpose, for a purpose” model, should a meeting or collaborative session be scheduled.
- Develop Web UI and Automation solutions including SOAP and RESTful based web services using an ESB, Java and other key technologies.
- Collaborate with end users and project team members on development of requirements and design of applications. Works with the Principal Developer(s) to develop time estimates for project deliverables.
- Work with solution architects to define operational requirements to identify and address any inter-application dependencies, interfaces, and operational constraints.
- Works with provisioning teams to complete transactions with automation technologies such as UI Path.
- Ensure all UI Interfaces delivered aligns with Enterprise team’s standards and best practices.
- Assist in the evaluation and implementation of new ideas or tools.
- Identify and communicate potential risks, issues, and roadblocks to various stakeholders in a timely manner. Advise Principal Developer(s) and manager of these as appropriate, to include providing options to remediate such items.
- Participate in peer design and code reviews and verify traceability back to the technical requirements.
- Stay abreast of new technologies, current issues, trends, and tools affecting application development within the SOA space.
- Work on Small/Medium scale projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical or Computer Engineering or related field or equivalent work experience (including military) required.
- 3+ years of development experience, working in a Unix environment, developing software using integration technologies (including ESB, Java, XML, SOAP, REST and SQL) and the Oracle database.
- 3+ years of experience working within an SDLC, designing, developing & testing various software applications.
- Understanding of UI Integration with back-office system via HTTPS /JSON services with Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB, or RDBMS/NoSQL database.
- Experience partnering with Development, QA, and other internal teams to review, inspect, document, and ensure the quality of software products being tested and eventually implemented.
- Experience in several aspects of IT Service Management, including Change Management, Incident Management and Problem Management.
- Knowledge of standard web technologies, including app servers, web servers, databases, browsers, etc.
- Knowledge of ESB, Java, XML, REST, SOAP, web services, and web applications.
- Experience in the Telecommunications industry is preferred.
- Experience in custom Marketing Technology (MarTech) solutions
- Experience in SAS applications including Marketing Automation, CI360, ESP, and/or RealTime Decision Manager (RTDM)
- Experience with Microservices design patterns and development
- Experience with domain driven design and behavior driven development
- Experience in developing and testing software, including supporting the QA team and helping to troubleshoot defects in order to arrive at the root cause (Root Cause Analysis).
- Stay abreast with all current technologies used within Integration and provide technical leadership to peers and junior team members.
- Ability to work on parallel product releases, with multiple QA and development teams.
- Able to provide technical leadership to other team members to facilitate in their technical delivery.