Stamats is looking for an experienced Digital Web Writer to create content for websites that is on brand and SEO-focused for digital content projects.
This role will present content in a hierarchy story that infuses client content with impactful brand elements and digital best practices, from SEO and conversion strategy to brand storytelling and creation of streamlined user journey pathways through writing and content migration.
This role is a blend of the visual page layout with written words for a beautiful and impactful presentation. Focused on the user experience and searchable content, this role combines brand writing, content SEO, migration, and on-page visualization.
This position will also create content and strategies for client and internal social media, blogs, landing pages, digital ads, emails, and more.
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- Experience working in an agile environment—writing, optimizing, and migrating content for multiple projects concurrently with limited supervision (you must sort out your priorities).
- Confidence in your expertise and always open to learning, evolving, and collaborating (you aren’t glued to your writing, but you’ll defend best practices).
- Initiative to lead client projects using your best judgment, established best practices, known client brand expectations, CMS options, and SEO goals.
- A working knowledge and understanding of various writing styles: AP, APA, Chicago, and MLA.
- Excellent grammar, spelling skills, and proofreading skills.
- Working understanding of best practices in brand content strategy, website content placement, accessibility, user journeys, and design.
- Completed bachelor’s degree or higher in English, Journalism, or a related field.
- Over 10 verifiable samples that illustrate your working understanding of brand writing, search engine optimization, content strategy, and digital content best practices.
- 3-5 years of experience creating digital content for client websites in an agency environment:
- Working on large-scale content strategy, SEO, creation, and implementation projects
- Working with a Content Management System
- Managing tasks
- General understanding of content project management principles
As a bonus, we are looking for someone who can:
- Conduct client site content audits/assessments.
- Strategize and create miniature site structure.
Any viable applicant will be expected to pass an internal brand writing, SEO, and content visualization skills test in a CMS environment.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance as well as flex benefits or HSA
- Short- and long-term disability and life insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Results focused work environment
- Onsite facilities including free parking, picnic area, bike racks, free locally roasted coffee all day, and collaborative areas with distinctive artwork displayed throughout
- Dog-friendly office space
- Downtown HQ, only blocks from public library and art museum, miles of walking and bike trails, YMCA, coffee shops and restaurants, outdoor amphitheater, and the Newbo cultural arts district.
- Challenging and rewarding work