Director of Marketing, EMEAFull Time
Login to bookmark
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box – we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
This role is a critical component to our EMEA go to market strategy and one that will help continue to accelerate the tremendous adoption we have seen across this market. This role partners directly with the VP of EMEA, our professional services’ team as well as cross functionally with our teams back in San Francisco. This role requires the type of person who can think strategically across a complex region while also jumping in and executing the plan. This is not strictly a strategic leadership role. The right person will want to jump in and run an event, get on a customer call with a sales rep, help set up an executive briefing dinner, etc… Basically this person has to not only be willing, but be excited to do whatever it takes to support their internal and external customers.
- Own, define & drive the EMEA regional marketing strategy, working both with CMO and head of revenue marketing and EMEA head of sales.
- Develop, & drive execution of data-driven, customer obsessed campaigns across all channels in EMEA.
- Achieve Interlock with regional field sales leaders to ensure ongoing agreement on priorities. Become the go to person for everything pipeline generation and maturation with the EMEA sales leadership.
- Collaborate with corporate marketing functions to help design and execute programs that deliver measurable results supporting EMEA sales growth objectives.
- Develop a strategy to provide and scale the localization and regional implementation of global GTM campaigns.
- Partner and work hand in hand with the EMEA sales development team to develop and execute effective inbound/outbound strategies.
- Understand sales strategies at the regional level and develop tailored but aligned pipeline generation plans based on selected target accounts, salesplay and marketing mix of activities.
- Design and collaborate with marketing ops to develop an EMEA revenue marketing dashboard that drives fast and strategic decisions on pipeline generation directions.
Who you are:
- 10+ years experience in marketing with a minimum 8+ years in B2B marketing required; specific expertise in software and SaaS/subscription models strongly preferred.
- Analytical and metrics driven, with a desire to launch, learn, and iterate to continually improve programs.
- Grit, flexibility, and excitement to be in a player-coach role.
- Exceptionally strong writing, presentation and verbal communications skills, with the ability to clearly and simply articulate concepts, messages and strategies.
- Proficiency with marketing automation platforms (Marketo, 6sense, etc).
- Experience with SFDC, running reports, campaign management, SiriusDecisions best practices and lead management.
- Enterprise and Commercial segment experience; Industry marketing experience preferred
- Ability to work across the organization, especially with sales, at all levels to strategize and execute on all marketing programs.
- Passion for results, measurement and optimization to continuously drive ROI
- GREAT attention to detail, highly organized yet able to see the “big picture”
- Ability to handle moving parts, switch gears quickly, and juggle many projects at the same time
- Engaging and outgoing personality
- Fast learner that proactively tackles challenges
- Strong work ethic, sense of urgency and desire to succeed
- Team player
- Must be a good problem solver and an intuitive thinker
- Ability to travel up to 50% (in the future)
What is a Konger?
We are a group of makers, thinkers, and doers focused on helping today’s developers build tomorrow’s technology. Our teams work on the bleeding edge of API innovation to provide our users with a central nervous system for data and services.
We put design at the heart of everything we do, and we’re relentlessly focused on creating beautiful experiences for our customers. That’s why technology companies, major banks, e-commerce innovators, and government agencies put Kong in front of their most important web applications.
We believe in the power of Open Source and everything it stands for. That’s why developers around the world enthusiastically contribute on top of our open-source platform.
We are passionate about solving challenges that will fundamentally shape the future of technology, and we’re looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you believe in taking ownership of your work, making an impact, and having fun along the way, we would love to talk to you.