Director, Retention & Lifecycle MarketingFull Time
Login to bookmark
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide – our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
Kraken is seeking a Director, CRM & Lifecycle Marketing to focus on key acquisition, onboarding, engagement and ongoing adoption efforts. This leader will be responsible for developing lifecycle strategies across a portfolio of products and lead a team focused on engaging and retaining loyal clients through email, push, in-app and other lifecycle channels.
This role requires a high degree of cross-functional collaboration with teams to plan and complete shared goals, delivering seamless experiences across web, app and lifecycle channels. The ideal candidate will have strategy and leadership experience in creating innovative and engaging Lifecycle programs in a results-driven environment. You have shown success improving metrics across acquisition, onboarding, and ongoing engagement, and developed ambitious experimentation roadmaps for continuous innovation, all with a highly data-driven, customer-centric approach.
- Lead the strategy for lifecycle programs involving a mix of push, in-app, email, and SMS, delivering best-in-class member communications that increase activation, onboarding transactions, and other actions that improve client quality.
- Build and support a team of hard-working, mission-driven lifecycle marketers.
- Own Lifecycle OKRs and metrics, with strong intuition and foresight to identify, size, and prioritize opportunities that inform a lifecycle roadmap to generate a meaningful contribution toward shared and team goals.
- Partner with our Data Intelligence and Growth Analytics teams to ensure the team is equipped to measure and attribute impact across KPIs, informing future strategy and prioritization.
- Monitor performance of marketing programs, generate data-driven hypotheses that inform strategies for journeys and campaigns, and identify areas for improvement in our strategy.
- Continuously improve through an ongoing lifecycle experiment roadmap covering both short-term campaigns and long-term series, testing across incentives, creative, content, features, and cadence, deriving insights to tangibly impact initiatives across the org.
- Partner with Marketing, Data, Analytics, Product, Legal, Compliance, and other teams to optimize lifecycle efforts and drive incremental value.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned / needed.
- 10+ years of experience with a proven ability leading the development of complex lifecycle/CRM programs from strategy-to-execution (a particular focus on acquisition and/or onboarding experiences is a plus).
- Strong leadership presence, with the ability to define and articulate a vision, earn trust with stakeholders, and champion collaboration that improves client growth.
- In-depth knowledge of marketing automation/CRM systems, with experience pushing the boundaries of what those platforms can do.
- Expertise in customer segmentation strategies and subscriber management across multiple channels (omni-channel).
- Comfort operating in a sometimes ambiguous and/or shifting space; adaptability and ability to identify emerging areas of opportunity.
- Experience using data and insights to inform requirements, ideas and strategies, with hands-on experience with related tools/concepts being a plus: Excel, A/B testing, Relational databases, Braze, Tableau, etc.
- Experience in high growth companies and within the Crypto industry is advantageous.
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don’t fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you’re passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.