As a critical member of our team, the demeanor of the Executive Assistant is a crucial aspect of this position. The Executive Assistant will be the principal administrative support person for the leader of the organization, thereby performing a vitally important role. The successful candidate will possess excellent administrative and relational skills, value attention to detail, and handle a variety of activities and tasks with discretion and dedication. The office environment is highly professional, requiring quality work and individual initiative.
Represent the CEO and the Company in a professional and congenial manner in person, in telephone conversations and in written communications
- Discreet handling of confidential and sensitive information
- Answer and manage incoming calls
- Operate a range of office equipment, such as copiers, computers, scanners, etc.
- Coordinate and update CEO’s busy calendar, appointments, internal and external meetings, and travel arrangements
- Schedule and set up virtual meetings with cloud-based software such as Microsoft Teams, Zoom, etc.
- Prepare and edit correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents
- File and retrieve documents and reference materials
- Manage data, maintain manual and electronic files, constant tracking of key deliverables
- Monitor, screen, respond to and distribute incoming communications
- Create agendas and record, edit and distribute minutes at meetings and retreats
- Conduct research, collect and analyze data to prepare reports and documents
- Assist with general office administrative tasks as needed for CEO and other Executives or co-workers as time permits
- Liaise with internal staff at all levels
- Receive and interact with incoming visitors
- Assist with event planning as needed; organize business luncheons and occasional fundraising events
- Perform Property Management duties as required: address tenant requests, schedule vendors, ensure building issues are handled in a timely manner, ensure building certificates are current and up to date
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a professional office environment; experience preferred providing support as an Executive Assistant
- High School diploma required; college degree or some college coursework preferred
- Ability to be cleared by the Government for special projects
- Extensive calendar management experience
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to think quickly and adapt
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills
- Attention to accuracy and detail in all respects of responsibilities
- The ability to determine priorities and follow directions from multiple sources
- Flexibility and willingness to perform other reasonable duties, as requested
- Proficient computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Teams
- Must be a team player
- Willing to work overtime as needed
**Please note this is not a remote or hybrid position.