Children & families of Iowa is listed as one of the top ten most influential non-profit organizations and with our mission of Restoring hope, building futures, Changing lives, you will have a sense of purpose in your work.
Starting Wage Range $17.50 – $20.50/hour depending on education and experience.
- Vacation begins after only 90 days of employment
- Paid time sick hours
- 8 paid holidays!
- Excellent mileage reimbursement rate for work travel
- 401k retirement benefit
- Life insurance
- Flexibility in work hours giving employees autonomy with their schedule to balance client needs and personal time needs.
- Variety of work environments: a combination of working from home, visiting clients and in person work with your team.
- Tools to do your job-laptop, cell phone and mileage reimbursement, or company car option
Family Specialist Job Summary:
A great opportunity to work for an organization who makes the difference in the lives of others! CFI seeks qualified candidates to fill Family Specialist positions. CFI covers 15 counties across the Des Moines service area. Staff are assigned to Unit Supervisors based on county of residence. Will be responsible for providing direct service to children and families and will work under the general direction of the Unit Supervisor in the Family Centered Services Program. Training and job shadowing opportunities are offered in addition to solution-based casework and/ or Safe Care evidenced based models of practice. As a member of our staff, you will receive ample opportunities to work with different agencies and referral entities while offering support and resources to families in need.
An Example of Responsibilities:
- Independent assessment of client strengths and needs, using evidence-based tools
- Provide necessary counseling and skill development
- Provide family interactions
- Provide necessary crisis intervention services
- Coordinate and schedule interactions and meetings with families, DHS, and FCS team members.
- Complete and write case specific intake paperwork, assessments, notes and reports and enter those into electronic systems
Children & Families of Iowa (CFI) is a private, non-profit organization committed to helping at-risk children and families learn to help themselves. Our programs make an impact in our communities and a difference in the lives of thousands of Iowans every year. CFI is restoring hope, building futures & changing lives!
Candidates with a diverse background and ability to speak other languages encouraged to apply! Children & Families of Iowa does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, identity, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, political belief, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by law
A combination of home based office work with in person. Flexible schedule but must also meet the needs of the families. Protocols in place for employee health and safety. Trainings and team meetings are virtual as needed and as feasible.
Bachelor’s degree in Social Work (BSW), or closely related human services field. Successful completion of SafeCare and Solution Based Casework, onsite training provided. Proficient in time management and able to use agency computer system and software necessary to carry out job functions. Work independently and can effectively handle emergency situations. Above average verbal and written communication skills and be able to meet deadlines. Your own access to internet is required to perform any job duties on a remote basis. Ability and willingness to drive and transport clients. Must have a valid driver’s license and provide proof of auto insurance with liability coverage for client transportation and maintain a driving record acceptable by insurance carrier standards.