Field Service Engineer opportunity available at the Field Services Distribution Center in Bethlehem, PA. with S&C Electric Company. This position requires fulltime onsite presence at the Distribution Center and/or customer sites when assigned. The position we seek to fill is for a person that can demonstrate extensive experience with power electronics equipment involving power levels of Low Voltage, Medium Voltage, and High Voltage capacities. Excellent analytical skills and a strong technical background are required. Ability to effectively interact, communicate, and train customers is a requirement.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Leading, directing, and conducting complex system Pre-energization Checkouts.
- Leading, directing, and conducting complex system troubleshooting.
- Providing telephone troubleshooting support for customers and S&C Electric Company Field Service Team Members.
- Communicating effectively with customers and others while performing tasks such as troubleshooting, installation support, and system pre-energization checkout. May Include extensive field and telephone support.
- Creating clear, concise, and complete pre-energization procedures & troubleshooting documentation.
- Assist with commercial proposals for service jobs.
- Working effectively in a team environment with other S&C Electric Company team members, contractors, consultants, customers, and other project personnel.
- Conducting training sessions for both customers and S&C Electric Company team members..
- Adhering to standard industry safety practices and S&C Electric Company safety procedures.
To select this job as one of interest to you, at a minimum, you must have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited college, university, technical school, applicable military training, or equivalent experience.
- Working knowledge Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of communication protocols including DNP3, Modbus and GOOSE IEC 61850
- Working knowledge of networking and IP protocols
- Knowledge of power electronic systems and controls for use in power distribution and overcurrent protection.
- Knowledge of utility SCADA systems from the substation computer to the central SCADA servers is preferred.
- Must be proficient with training, communication, and presentation skills.
- A proactive, tenacious, and creative approach to solving problems.
- Proficiency in using test equipment and system analysis tools.
- Possess working knowledge of safety practices and electrical codes.
- Candidate must be willing to travel up to 60% of the time. Typical travel will be on weekdays and within the assigned region, however there may be a business need for travel outside the region as well as on weekends and holidays.
- US Citizen possessing or having the ability to obtain a valid US passport.
- Minimum of 21 years of age with a valid driver’s license and a good driving history/record.
- Must be able to successfully pass a Background and Drug Screening
Relevant Experience Required: Experience in automated distribution systems
MAJOR PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Standing: Some tasks are performed in a standing position for long periods with breaks when need for proper ergonomics when performing the task at hand.
- Heights: Must be comfortable performing tasks at elevated heights and be able to perform work from a ladder, manlift, Scissor lift, or man basket as necessary.
- Lifting: Proper lifting of items up to 50 pounds with understanding that use of “Buddy System” lifts for anything over 50lbs may be needed.
- Walking: Walking of moderate distances (+/- 1 mile).
- Carrying: Carrying of luggage, test equipment, tools, etc. to customer locations.
- Pushing: Use of hand tools that require pushing forces.
- Pulling: Use of hand tools that require pulling forces.
- Bending: Bending or crouching to perform work.
- Reaching: Continuous full range of motion to perform work.
- Handling: Frequent handling of parts, tools, test equipment, etc.
- Environment: Frequent work performed outdoors.
- Technological: Frequent use of laptop and mobile devices i.e. cell phone, tablet