Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Project Management Associate is the primary single point of contact for billing-related projects with significant complexity. The Project Management Associate is responsible for planning, organizing, and managing the business’ implementation to meet scope, timing, and overall project outcomes. This role also serves as Agile Product Owner to a development team responsible for delivering value to billing, payment, and portal functions. Agile roles are not passive positions on an org chart. They proactively work to gain the skills needed to provide great customer value, master their role, and support others to be the best they can be.
The Main Responsibilities
- Develop, plan, and manage implementation of activities for highly complex projects for external/internal customers from project inception to testing and release.
- Accountable for timely project completion and delivery.
- Develops project progress and status reports.
- Coordinate and facilitate project meetings.
- Develop and distribute timely meeting minutes, to include track/manage action items and verify they are incorporated into the project schedule and that deliverables are met on time.
- Assess/Manage risk, impacts and potential alternatives and escalate as required to the appropriate level of management.
- Set development team objectives and establish clear measures to successfully define and meet project deliverables and timelines.
- Accountable for content decisions for your development team
- Gather and define what functionality is needed
- Collaborate with other roles to provide the content development
- Optimize the value of the development team’s work
- Own and prioritize team backlog items
- Confirm and/or validate that development team’s work is complete
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2+ years of related experience
- Implementation experience with more than one of the following technologies: DWDM, Transport/Waves, MPLS, Managed Services, Voice (PRI, SIP, Porting, etc.), Security, SD WAN, Managed Enterprise Services, Meraki.
- Self-motivated, able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and clients in parallel in a time sensitive environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, strong customer communication skills are a requirement
- Ability to deal with remote client relations through phone, email & online sources in order to enhance the Partner experience.
- Basic telecommunications technical knowledge required.
- Demonstrated ability to use and apply Business Acumen.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams such as Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Finance, Product, Operations and Support.
- Ability to quickly understand technical aspects of product/service, both from a functionality perspective but also from an operations/set up perspective and be able to articulate it to a less technical audience.
- CAPM or PMP Certification
- Certified SAFe Product Owner
- 4+ years in IT project management or related experience
What to Expect Next
Requisition #: 324779
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. More information on what s included in these checks can be found in the Post Offer section of our FAQ page . Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses ). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
NOTE: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Range Salary Min : 57600
Salary Max : 128400
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. We’re able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
Salary Range Salary Min : 57600
Salary Max : 128400
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job’s location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.