The Graphic Designer will collaborate and design engaging creative that focuses on emails and seasonal promotions. With the guidance of the Senior Visual Designer, you will ideate and be strategic towards storytelling opportunities that communicate against our product benefits and Brand Pillars, while maintaining, evolving, and elevating brand standards. Every day, you will collaborate with business stakeholders and key creatives to translate marketing and brand strategies into stunning and engaging, best-in-class, digital-first experiences, that will resonate with our clients.
The ideal candidate has been a digital-first creative and breathes design, typography, color theory, and composition. You thrive when immersed in all things related to design and have a passion for collaborating on new visual ideas to captivate and delight our digital community. A true collaborator at heart, you possess an appreciation for design that resonates with the client and creates positive impacts towards a better future for people and the planet.
- A digital-first mindset, you will help identify new visual trends and research the competitive landscape to pull forward best-in-class visual ideas and solutions, with particular attention to Email Series, our Loyalty Program and Seasonal Promotions
- You will learn how to think strategically and articulate and presentation your ideas to creative partners, while being receptive to feedback
- Collaborate with cross-channel creative partners as needed to share ideas, thinking and partner on cross-channel digital initiatives
- Contribute to the Brand’s best-in-class emails and promotions, and work with the team to establish guidelines for internal and external creative partners
- Manage multiple projects and remain flexible through multiple revisions while keeping keen attention to detail, you will flesh out key creative across a variety of formats
- Bolster brand love and advocacy through best-in-class, ownable brand creative
- You will learn to identify and cultivate a keen attention to visual and editorial brand tone + voice, translate marketing communication strategies in the most effective way possible through layout, organization of content and visual hierarchy
- Attend all weekly project kickoffs, creative reviews and examine assigned project briefs, paying close attention to marketing objectives and requests
- Ability to work under tight deadlines with excellent attention to detail with minimal supervision
- Prioritize and manage own workload while taking ownership of deadlines across multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Communicate clearly with your team lead to anticipate problems before they arise; help find solutions and follow-up on own initiative
- Stays current on industry trends and competitors
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field required
- 3+ solid recent years of designing for emails and seasonal campaign promos, with a portfolio showcasing proven involvement in creating high-performance creative for beauty and fashion brands is a must, adjacent industries is a must
- Proven strong visual design executions, excellent typography & layout skills, and a keen eye for pixel perfect detail and understanding brand systems into ownable visual creative
- You understand user flows, UX and creating wireframes
- You have an eye for photography and strategizing visual cadence, while able to be creative and resourceful in designing a hero visual without photography
- Proven experience composing hero visuals and GIFS is a must
- Experience working and communicating with marketing teams and demonstrated flexibility in management of creative execution needs, and ability to positively respond to critique/feedback
- Expert in current graphic design tools for Adobe CC Suite (primarily Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Adobe XD, Sketch, InVision, Zeplin and the like), Microsoft Office, and Google collaboration applications
- Knowledge of the latest design trends and best practices and proactive in building that knowledge (Email, Promotions)
- Self-disciplined and motivated in a fast-paced environment that requires creative strategic thinking, organization, and strong attention to detail
- Self-starter, positive attitude, sense of humor, and can work independently but values collaboration and feedback
- Interest and enthusiasm for clean beauty, skincare and making a positive impact for people and the planet
- Any motion graphic applications are a plus
No Compromise Beauty™
Biossance is a clean beauty brand that uses biotechnology to create skincare products that are effective, sustainable and safe. We formulate with a No Compromise™ approach-proudly blacklisting over 2,000 potentially harmful ingredients. Only the most trustworthy and powerful make our final cut.
It all began inside our Berkeley labs in 2003, where through biology and modern technology a plant-derived cure for malaria was created. Since then, over 120 million royalty-free treatments have been given, saving lives and communities. Inspired to keep positively changing the world through biotech, we turned to the ingredients people use on their bodies every day. And we asked how we could do better. Drawing on our rich history of science and sustainability, we create skincare products that are incredibly effective and safe without harming the environment. Because our standards for clean beauty are high-and our standards for ourselves are even higher.
Biossance products are available at and .
At Amyris, we believe that diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) is essential to our core values. We embrace and encourage an equity-minded work culture, knowing that it is the driving force of innovation that positively impacts our employees, consumers, and communities. And for Amyris, a sense of belonging is what drives our mission forward and is the foundation of everything we do, ensuring a healthier, more sustainable future for us all.
Amyris, a leader in industrial synthetic biology, uses its innovative bioscience solutions to achieve renewable products by converting plant sugars into hydrocarbon molecules. Amyris’ molecules are used in wide range of specialty & performance chemicals, flavors & fragrances and in applications ranging from cosmetics to biofuels. Learn more at .
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), Amyris is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants (“Applicants”) about the personal information we collect about you when you apply to a job on this site.
As an Applicant, you have the right to know and understand the categories of personal information we collect about you, and the purposes for which the categories of personal information shall be used, pursuant to the CCPA.
By clicking the “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” button below and submitting your job application, you agree you have reviewed the complete .
If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact Amyris at
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Amyris is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Amyris complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Amyris, Inc. prior to having a signed agreement. Amyris is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Amyris and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.