Jimdo was founded by three school friends in 2007 in a farmhouse in Northern Germany. Fast forward to today, we’re a growing, profitable business with a team of 250+ people from 50 nationalities based in over 15 countries. Our portfolio serves the unique needs of microbusinesses. In addition to our GDPR-compliant website builder powered by AI, we offer an online store, logo creator, legal text generator, business listings, social media integration, SEO, and more. We recently launched Business Builder. This is a new all-in-one solution – the first of its kind in Germany – that enables people at the start of their self-employment journey to get from idea to success faster and easier. And there’s a lot more coming! We’re constantly developing new products and services that make the lives of micro-business owners easier and help fuel their businesses. If you’re inspired by our mission and like the idea of working for a dynamic remote-first company where you can create impact from day 1, we’d love to meet you!
We are looking for a Head of Community & Social Media to manage a small cross-functional team while strategically guiding our social media and community channels, connecting them to our core brand. They will own the commercial impact of these channels by increasing brand awareness, community engagement, and meaningful high-leverage associations.
What you’ll be doing
- Working fully remotely from anywhere within 2 hours from the Germany time zone
- Lead a small team covering our Social Media, PR and Community functions.
- Own the impact of the Jimdo Community through defining a strategy, and together with our Community Lead, creating a plan to execute and resource it.
- Developing a clear and proactive social media strategy and guiding our Social Media Manager with a plan and content calendar.
- Together with our PR Lead, develop a strategy and plan to maximise the impact of PR efforts, aligned with company and marketing objectives.
- Together with the project group, develop a strategy & plan to maximise the impact of leveraging our CEO’s personal brand.
- Keep leadership informed about commitments and deliverables.
What you bring to the table
- At least 8 years experience in social media, PR, communications, brand activations and co-branded initiatives, or community building
- At least 2 years experience managing a team
- Experience working directly with executive stakeholders
- Experience working in a small team with a high level of ownership and autonomy
- A strong professional network in Germany
- Fluent in German & English
What we offer
Inspiring Mission: At our core, we are driven by a meaningful mission – to empower solopreneurs and small businesses to succeed and to contribute to the sustainability and vibrancy of the communities they serve.
Flexibility and Trust: Our work environment thrives on flexibility and trust. We offer fully remote work set-up with opportunities for in-person collaboration. You can manage your working hours flexibly because we prioritize the results you deliver over the number of hours you put in.
Support for your side hustles: We encourage side hustles. In addition, you get up to three free Jimdo websites for your personal or professional projects that you get to keep forever.
An International Diverse Team: Our team is a mosaic of over 248 individuals hailing from 50+ different countries and working across 15+ diverse locations. We take pride in our openness and inclusivity, with an Employee-led DEI Council and active ERGs that ensure everyone’s voices are heard.
Continuous Growth and Career Development: We invest in your growth with company-wide access to LinkedIn Learning and Monthly Manager Learning Series workshops, Culture Amp Skills Coach and Playbook, Mentoring. From day one, you have the chance to contribute your ideas and create a meaningful impact. Our flat hierarchies and swift decision-making processes provide an open platform for your career progression.
Competitive Benefits Package:
- Annual compensation reviews to ensure you’re rewarded fairly.
- A remote office set-up bonus to enhance your workspace.
- A unique workation policy that allows you to work from different locations.
- An employee assistance program, offering resources and counseling.
- Plus, a perk that keeps giving: up to three free Jimdo websites for your personal or professional projects that you get to keep forever.
Jimdo is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means that we don’t discriminate based on race or ethnic origin, color, the language(s) you speak, where you (or your parents) are from, or whether or not you consider yourself to have a disability. Neither will your age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, beliefs, or political opinions play a part in your application with us. Our diverse team values and celebrates the uniqueness of each individual. We embrace differences and believe that they enrich our organization, making us stronger and more innovative. Join us, and let’s continue to create a workplace where everyone can thrive, regardless of background or identity.