CAN Community Health one of the nation’s largest providers of HIV Services has an exciting opportunity for Healthcare Data Specialist for our HQ located in the Sarasota, FL. This position is a hybrid on-site/work remote.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about serving the needs of individuals impacted by HIV and other infectious diseases. You will become part of our professional team that drives home our Company’s Mission and Values. We offer good quality of life with an excellent schedule, competitive pay with a bonus plan, premiere benefits package with a retirement plan with a generous company matching contribution. We have received recognition in 2022, 2021, 2019, & 2018 NPT’s Best Non-Profit to Work for Award.
All new hires must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination status.
CAN is a Drug-Free Workplace. All potential hires will be required to take and clear a pre-employment drug screen upon job offer.
Salary Range: $55,000 to $60,000. based upon education, background, and experience.
You can find out more about us by visiting our website at www.cancommunityhealth.org. Apply Today!
Statement of Purpose: Healthcare Data Specialist
The Data Specialist is responsible for delivering high quality data for a variety of projects and tasks. The Data Specialist position provides in-depth data & qualify analytics, data entry, optimization, reporting, financial, and other types of analysis under the direction of the Data Manager and the Senior Vice President-Chief Data Officer.
Primary Tasks: Healthcare Data Specialist * Work with internal departments and external partners, as needed, to collect data related to various tasks and projects.
- Interpret data from multiple sources and analyze results using statistical techniques and providing ongoing reports on programmatic metrics.
- Evaluate and monitor data integrity for assigned projects.
- Provide data entry and reportable analytics. Specific details may include: a) Monthly Program reporting (in Excel and/or PowerBI), b) Secure file transfers to external partners, c) Quantitative and qualitative analysis (in Excel and/or PowerBI), d) Identifying trends and patterns (in PowerBI).
- Responsible for following CAN policies and procedures established by the organization, ensures compliance with security and privacy framework (PHI, HIPAA, etc.), and maintains confidentiality of sensitive data.
- Examine, interpret and report results of analytical initiatives.
- Collaborating with the Data Manager and 340B Compliance Manager to ensure program QA/QI metrics are met.
- Strong knowledge of clinical terminology including ICD10 codes, National Drug Codes, sig codes, pharmaceutical calculations, medications and other related terminology.
- Data validation, cleansing and normalization across multiple data sources.
- Supporting program projects to ensure operational efficiency targets via data analysis.
- Organizing and reporting monthly data analysis across assigned projects to identify trends.
- Developing short-term and long-term goals that meet established objectives and contribute to the overall goals of the team/programs.
- Constructs appropriate KPI metrics to assess areas of improvement, under supervision of Data Manager and 340B Compliance Manager.
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform tasks and projects.
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures.
- Ability to mine clinical data from various EMR systems and other identified systems, while meeting and maintaining HIPAA standards and policies and procedures.
- Promotes and practices CAN Community Health, Inc.’s mission, values and follows policies.
Reports To: Data Manager Requirements:
Skills & Abilities Healthcare Data Specialist * Must be advanced with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel (required).
- Experience working within PowerBi (required).
- Experience with Power Platform apps (preferred).
- Experience writing macros within Excel (preferred).
- Strong knowledge of healthcare data specifically pharmacy and grants (required).
- Experience working with Electronic Health/Medical Record (EMR/EHR systems) (preferred).
- Understanding of or experience with SQL coding and SQL Server database querying (preferred).
- Experience working with STFP (preferred).
- Highly detail oriented.
- Demonstrates understanding of relational databases and data capture.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability and willingness to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Demonstrated problem solving, analysis and resolution at strategic and functional levels.
- Proven customer service orientation with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Functional understanding of online technology to learn and research.
- Ability to travel for job-related activities as necessary.
- Good oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to utilize problem-solving techniques.
- Ability to utilize decision-making techniques.
- Ability to function autonomously and as a member in a multidisciplinary team.
- Effectively use reports and other analytical tools to help target efforts for maximum program results.
Education/Professional: Healthcare Data Specialist * Bachelor’s degree (required) and/or 4 to 5 years of business equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2-years of experience in data analytics, preferably in pharmacy or healthcare-related field.
Supervisory Responsibility: none
Physical Demands: Healthcare Data Specialist * Neat, professional appearance.
- SEDENTARY-Exerts up to 10 lbs. of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly in lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Requires expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken word, visual and auditory acuity.
Work Environment: Healthcare Data Specialist
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and various software programs, telephones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: Healthcare Data Specialist
- This position may require overtime and at times weekend work.
Travel: Healthcare Data Specialist
- Travel is primary local during the business day, although some out of area and overnight travel may be expected.
Other Duties: Healthcare Data Specialist
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of an employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
CAN is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.