Internal Auditor I – Hybrid Position – Entry Level Opportunity – Accounting or Internal Audit ExperienceFull Time
Internal Auditor I – Hybrid Position – Entry Level Opportunity – Accounting or Internal Audit Experience
Job ID: 6996
Type: Full Time
# of Openings: 1
Category: Internal Audit
Fallon Health – Corp HQ
About Fallon Health:
Fallon Health is a company that cares. We prioritize our members—always—making sure they get the care they need and deserve. Founded in 1977 in Worcester, Massachusetts, Fallon delivers equitable, high-quality coordinated care and is continually rated among the nation’s top health plans for member experience, service, and clinical quality. Today, guided by our mission of improving health and inspiring hope, we strive to be the leading provider of government-sponsored health insurance programs—including Medicare, Medicaid, and PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly)— in the region. Learn more at fallonhealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Brief Summary of Purpose:
The Internal Audit Department (IA) at Fallon Health is committed to protecting Fallon Health by conducting independent and objective internal audits and assessments of its operational, financial and compliance controls. IA reports administratively to the Chief Compliance Officer and functionally to the Audit & Compliance Committee and plays a key role in auditing risks identified in the organization. The Internal Auditor II plays a key role in th execution of the annual audit plan and will work under the direction of the Audit Manager, Audit Director, or Lead Auditor.
- Supports the internal audit department by participating in a wide variety of audits such as: Model Audit Rule (MAR – internal controls), financial and operational internal audits, SOC audits (incoming and external), and other special projects as assigned. Gathers and analyzes data through a variety of methods including interviews, financial research, etc. This consists of testing key controls, analyzing data to form reasonable conclusions, and preparing audit reports.
- Assist in developing the audit planning (scope) and development of audit work programs, and in the execution of audit testing within a specific timeline. Also, prepare and present findings and recommendations based on audit work performed to improve internal controls and other financial and operational processes, and make value-added recommendations.
- Effectively communicate with peers and management through email, audit reports, meeting facilitation, etc. This requires exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- This individual will have no direct reports but will mentor entry level stall to ensure high quality audit and project work that meets department protocols and established objectives. This will include providing feedback to Audit Management.
- Gather and analyze data through a variety of methods including interviews, financial research, meeting facilitation, etc.
- Provide recommendations that will create efficiencies with respect to operations and financial reporting (dashboard, metrics, etc.).
- Interact and communicate with business process owners and upper-level management during internal audit activities. Learn and apply Internal Audit’s established policies, procedures, and work paper standards
- Manage time effectively and efficiently to ensure assigned work is completed within established time frames
- Develop and maintain technical audit skills through performing research and attending industry relevant training courses
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment and readily adapt to changes within the organization or department.
- Participate in the development of the annual audit planning process and provide insight on high-risk areas of the organization for audit consideration.
- The primary focus of this role will be to assist the department on audits, projects, as well as special requests.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration is required.
Willingness to pursue a CIA, or other industry certification.
- 2 to 4 years’ audit experience or industry accounting experience.
- Possess a high degree of integrity and confidentiality based on exposure to personal and confidential information. Ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
- The individual must have excellent written and verbal communication skills in order to effectively communicate with peers and management.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills. Plus, strong decision-making skills.
Fallon Health Vaccination Requirements:
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, members and communities we serve, Fallon Health now requires all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status. As of 2/1/2022 all roles not designated as “Remote” require full COVID-19 vaccination and Fallon Health will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Fallon Health provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.