Knight Office Solutions is a growing technology company located in North Central San Antonio.
We are seeking an IT Service Desk Technician to join our Managed Services (MS) Team. Our Service Desk Technicians play an important role in our organization by providing first contact technology support for our Managed Services clients. A broad understanding of Microsoft Operating Systems and Office Suite troubleshooting – along with great customer service and communication skills – are essential to this position.
Full time: Monday – Friday 8 am-5 pm with overtime potential as the need arises, hours may vary occasionally for this position.
Ideal candidates should:
- Possess current IT industry standard certifications (COMPTIA A+; Network+, or Security+) or attain certification within 90 days of employment
- Have a proven record of diagnosing and solving IT problems
- Possess a high level of standards and business ethics
- Be customer service oriented
- Work well with peers
- Be highly motivated and self-driven
- Have excellent verbal, written, and listening skills
- A competitive hourly wage based on experience
- Excellent benefit package
- A corporate culture focused on honesty, integrity and ethics
Our mission is to help our customers reach their goals by providing client-focused technology solutions supported by a culture of service excellence and a commitment to doing the right thing. Employees are essential to our success and we strive to promote a balance in life that includes faith, family, health and work. Knight Office Solutions’ values include giving back to our community and enjoying what we do. Candidates that can contribute to our mission and share our values are urged to apply.
Learn more about Knight Office Solutions at .
Learn more about
The Service Desk Analyst provides first-level triage, troubleshooting, escalation, and resolution of intermediate-level technical support requests while providing legendary customer service and adhering to Customer Service, Service Level Agreement (SLA), and First Response goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive, prioritize, and document customer support requests from chats, emails, phone calls, and in-person ensuring content, proper routing, first call resolution, problem detection and timely closure.
- Provide remote support and resolution to client tickets via Autotask, Continuum, and Datto.
- Point of escalation for intermediate-level support tickets from other technicians
- Escalates complex or out-of-scope Incidents and Service Requests to appropriate service groups as necessary
- Create, update, and manage Knowledge Base articles
- Perform on-call duties – when applicable – as outlined in the On-Call SOP, including but not limited to receiving and resolving after hours tickets, alerts and supporting backup solutions daily
- Assist in service delivery support of on-boarding’s, projects, and other special tasks as assigned
- Provide first and intermediate-level support for customer technical support requests
- Be mindful of opportunities to improve service delivery and resolutions; provide feedback, training and recommendations to specialists, and supervisors for improvements
- Achieve Service Desk goals for First Response, First Contact Resolutions, Customer Satisfaction, and SLAs as defined by Service Level Objectives
- Follow operational policies, processes, and procedures as they pertain to the Service Desk team and company
- Maintain regular communication with customers throughout the support request process
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); at least 3 year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Current COMPTIA A+; Network +, Security + preferred
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Integrity & Trust, Ethics & Values – Decisions and actions consistently reflect KOS core values; practices honesty / fairness in all decisions; adheres to highest standards of business ethics.
Customer Focus – Provides excellent customer service; perpetuates the theme that customer satisfaction is everyone’s responsibility.
Team Player, Peer Relationships – Cooperates willingly with others to achieve results; takes ownership and responsibility for own role and performs assigned work; can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all with a minimum of noise.
Job Related Competencies:
Communication – Keeps manager(s) apprised of progress on tasks and notifies him/her of any problems.
Flexibility – Demonstrates ability to handle multiple tasks effectively; available for overtime to meet project deadlines.
Acceptance of Authority – Freely accepts direction, training, and constructive criticism from supervisors.
Initiative – Offers suggestions to improve processes; strives to increase skills and competencies.
Quality – Exhibits thorough job knowledge and technical ability; consistently provides quality, error-free work in accordance with deadlines.
Self-Accountability – Capable of operating autonomously to achieve expected results; ensures commitments are consistently met; seeks out training to enhance skills.
Attendance – Conforms to company standards on attendance and punctuality.
Attitude – Always professional in appearance and demeanor; openly supports company’s products and mission; anticipates potential problems and takes action to prevent.
Customer Service – Attentive to the needs of clients and co-workers (i.e. sales and service); responds quickly and thoroughly to questions and concerns; manages customer conflict.
Attitude Toward Criticism – Uses constructive criticism.
Confidentiality – Earns trust of co-workers and supervisors by maintaining confidentiality of company and client information.
Planning – Develops objectives and plans of action by prioritizing tasks.
Problem Solving – Demonstrates analytical ability to gather facts and develop solutions; judgment is sound and timely; anticipates potential problems and avoids or resolves.
Adaptability – Capable of working under constant interruptions.
Administration – Paperwork is completed accurately and in a timely manner.
Written Communication – Able to write clearly and succinctly; articulates messages that have a desired effect.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook). Microsoft Access and E-automate software a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.