Manager Global Logistics and Fulfillment- RemoteTemporary
Innovators at our core, ILC Dover develops engineered flexible protective solutions that improve efficiency while safeguarding people, product, and infrastructure in hazardous conditions. Our customers in the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical, flood protection, personal protection, bulk packaging, and aerospace industries will attest to our relentless dedication to high value products, advanced technology, and responsive service, which we have provided since 1947. For more information visit and follow us on .
The Logistics & Fulfillment global leader acts as the representative from SCM in partnership with members of customer service, manufacturing, distribution centers, planning, compliance, affiliates, and external logistic vendors/providers. The primary responsibility of the position is to manage and support the logistic needs/requirements of the global ILC organization.
- Interfaces with strategic sourcing to manage agreements/relationships with various logistic providers
- Manage/oversee DC warehousing space, cost, utilizations
- Manage outside warehousing and temporary storage
- Manage tank wagon, tank/box container, trailer rental/leases
- Manage inbound routing guide and work to ensure vendor compliance
- Control detention, demurrage and accessorial charges
- Ensure carriers are paid timely and accurately, approve/reject invoices
- Manage import/export processes to assure timely and cost-effective shipment of inbound and outbound freight
- Provide logistics support for sourcing and manufacturing projects
- Assist with expedited/emergency shipments
- Work with DCs to address issues with consolidation and shipment tendering.
- Assure compliance with customer routing guides, as appropriate
- Maintain and optimize logistic spend vs budget
- Assure DC/logistic legal compliance and safety standards
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures/guidelines for distribution, including cold storage, export, domestic shipments
- Interface, as appropriate, to assure alignment of best practices with distribution centers and logistics support
- Performs other duties as assigned with or without accommodation
- BS/BA Degree in technical or supply chain related discipline or equivalent experience preferred
- 8+ years logistics and/or distribution experience in the chemical or specialty products industry
- ERP system required. SAP or Oracle experience preferred
- Detail oriented; strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn and respond quickly to inquiries and requests in a fast-paced environment
- Must work collaboratively with external and internal customers
- Strong organization, prioritization, and time management skills
- Tolerance for ambiguity
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to resolve conflict with composure
- Strong sense of urgency, initiative, and drive
- Strong competency in Microsoft Office, specifically PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Excellent computer skills; ability to learn new systems quickly and maneuver the internet and internal intranet sites with ease
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; work in high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outdoor weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, ILC Dover is committed to a diverse workforce. We offer competitive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k), PTO, and more.
Background Check & Drug Screening Required
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran