MPI Field Service TechnicianContract Full Time
McWane Plant Industrial
McWane is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices. McWane will not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or service member status, marital status, citizenship status (In IL – sex, including same sex, ancestry, order of protection status, physical or mental disability, military status, pregnancy, unfavorable discharge status, genetic information), (In IA – gender identity), (In CA – gender identity or expression, and genetic information) or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. If you would like more information on your EEO rights under the law please click here.
MPI Field Service Technician
Job ID: 2023-5925
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
Category: Customer Service/Support
McWane Plant Industrial
What We Live By……
The McWane Way is a core philosophy outlined by the founder J.R. McWane in 1920. Today It encompasses Teamwork, Excellence, Leadership, Environment, Communication, Accountability, Safety and Trust. All team members at every level are expected to know and work by these principles, values, and behaviors. Most importantly, every team member is expected to be able to answer this question, “What does this mean for me?” This is the all-important question because behavior is the best evidence of a living principle. Join the McWane team on the journey to The McWane Way.
Who We Are……
McWane Inc. has a newly created division, McWane Plant and Industrial (MPI). This new division, based in Birmingham, AL, combines all Plant and Industrial Products in a single customer-focused package. We offer comprehensive solutions through an experienced team of professionals specifically focused on these two special markets. Our Mission is to be the Plant and Industrial supplier who is “easiest to do business with”. We will make it easier to engineer, specify, and order components for plants. We will provide greater support for smoother delivery, cost-effective installation, and start-up. Most importantly, we will build strong relationships with design engineers, contractors, plant operations teams and project owners to assure we are their first-choice supplier for both new construction and future upgrades.
At MPI, you will be part of a fast-paced, collaborative, start-up where you can see, firsthand, how your work translates into positive results.
Field Service Technician
Birmingham, AL (Remote)
Directly reports to
MPI Product & Services Manager
McWane Plant & Industrial is currently seeking a self-motivated individual with technical field service experience in the water/wastewater industry who is knowledgeable with our products to grow with our team.
In this role you will:
- Inspect and troubleshoot product issues in various field locations and installation conditions
- Perform start up services on installed products in various field locations and installation conditions.
- Perform troubleshooting, repair and replacement activities on our products in various field locations.
- Document service trips with written field service reports, sketches, photographs, etc. in formats required by the Company.
- Maintaining all tools and equipment used during field service trips.
- Arrange for all required tools, parts and equipment required for field service visit to be shipped to site and coordinated with the site Owner.
- Instruct customers how to properly install, use and maintain our products.
- Work with Product Management to update operation, installation and maintenance manuals as new challenges are identified during field service visits.
- 70% travel as needed or required
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and communications skills
- Other duties as assigned.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Experience with water and wastewater products (Valves, Gates, Pipe, Fittings and Actuation) required
- Two-year degree plus 5 years related experience in field service and support roles
- Ability to work independently and remotely
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems, perform complex tasks and prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to work as part of a team to solve technical problems in varied environments
- Ability to build rapport quickly with customers and third parties
- Good planning and organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to work calmly under pressure
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
McWane is a Federal VEVRAA contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices. McWane will not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or service member status, marital status, citizenship status (In IL – sex, including same-sex, ancestry, order of protection status, physical or mental disability, military status, pregnancy, unfavorable discharge status, genetic information), (In IA – gender identity), (In CA – gender identity or expression, and genetic information) or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. McWane Plant & Industrial. is an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. It is the Company’s policy to provide equal opportunity for all qualified persons and to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, or any other legally protected status. We maintain a drug-free workplace and reserve the right to perform substance abuse testing as needed.