CD2 Learning is hiring for a Regional Vice President of Sales to acquire new customers through a consultative sales and relationship building approach. The successful candidate will employ excellent customer service and clear communication of value in the sales process. This position has potential for travel to meet with prospects, although much communication can occur via phone, e-mail, online demos, discovery meetings, etc. This position is focused on lead generation and lead capture for our flagship online learning products to medium and large organizations.
CD2 Learning is a part of the Nelnet Community Engagement (NCE) team. At NCE, we believe in the power of community-minded organizations. We create the tools that drive engagement and insights that organizations need to grow. Our strategy includes delivering customized mobile apps, communication, online giving, and online learning. We help schools/churches (under our aware3 & CFT brands), corporations (under our CD2 brand) & nonprofits engage and grow their communities with easy to use software.
This position is full-time and inherently remote (but if you’re near one of our hubs in Kansas City, Denver, Lincoln, or Brooklyn and would like to come into an office some days, that’s cool too). The salary range for this position is $80,000-$100,000, commensurate with experience.
- Develop and establish new business with corporate clients across the United States.
- Draft professional, precise proposals and contracts for selected prospects.
- Represent CD2 Learning at industry and association conventions, meetings, and gatherings.
- Collaborate on strategic marketing plans specific to vertical markets – e.g. associations, retail.
- Accurately forecast and prepare sales plans to achieve departmental sales goals.
- Independently manage a complete sales process from prospecting to contract execution.
- Coordinate and conduct seminars / webinars for prospective corporate clients.
- Achieve annual sales goals as defined by leadership.
- Collaborate independently with other departments (Customer Operations, Marketing, IT) to deliver insights and work as a team to secure new large clients.
- Utilize Salesforce to maintain records of contacts, accounts, leads, opportunities, activities, and regularly provide updates and report generation to leadership.
- 4-year undergraduate degree in business, computer science, engineering or equivalent experience preferred.
- Proven track record of high performance and achieving goals.
- Experience presenting via online meeting tools and in-person to small and large groups.
- Experience in education technology and software as a service (SaaS) sales a plus.
- 5+ years working in the technology space with a focus on enterprise sales.
- A strong team player and willing collaborator – we take a team approach to selling.
- Willingness to conduct direct sales conversations and outbound prospecting.
- Strong follow-up skills, high self-motivation, and commitment to accuracy.
- Expert ability to quickly establish rapport with customers and maintain long-term relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills while displaying a high energy level and positive attitude.
- Comfort initiating conversations with decision makers while becoming a trusted advisor.
- Ability to identify and develop strategies to overcome obstacles in the prospect’s or current customer’s decision-making process.
- Build a strong pipeline, close new business, & expand new and existing customer relationships.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and the ability to absorb sales coaching.
- Strong computer skills including sales software (Salesforce), communications applications (Zoom), and MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Nelnet Talent Acquisition & Recruiting.
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.