This position is needed to provide designated technical support engineering to our strategic partners.
Twilio is looking for an experienced Partner Technical Account Manager who is going to be the designated technical support engineering contact for our strategic partners focusing on our Contact Center solution – Flex. As a designated technical contact you will work with our partners to resolve complex technical problems with potentially very costly and far-reaching consequences. You should have an interest in digging deep as well as be able to zoom out and look at the larger picture. The PTAM delivers proactive guidance to the partner to provide added value to the end customers through the use of Twilio technologies and deliver recommendations to make the customer’s environment less susceptible to business impacting downtime. You are able to remain calm and effective at higher workloads as well as excelling at prioritization and evaluation of situational urgency. There will also be the potential need to volunteer for holiday coverage on a stipend basis.
In this role, you’ll:
- Use your strong technical and diplomatic skills to address customer issues and provide customer feedback to Twilio’s Product and Engineering teams.
- Work with our partners’ developers, architects, and support personnel to resolve complex problems with potentially very costly and far-reaching consequences.
- Collaborate with your teammates and the Twilio Product and Engineering teams via Slack as well as filing JIRAs to report reproducible bugs.
- Understanding customer trends, analyzing patterns, driving betterments and reporting what you observe to the management team in order to better improve our support process is a key part of the role.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn’t followed a traditional path, don’t let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Solid knowledge of RESTful technology, previous work with APIs and ability to understand and troubleshoot issues with cloud solutions.
- Solid competency in sharing technical knowledge and best practices with less experienced support engineers externally
- Advanced time management skills, ability to work well under pressure, and proficiency at developing workflows to increase troubleshooting efficiency while still following standard processes and procedures.
- Keen eye for identifying product and support process betterment opportunities through data and partner influence.
- Ability to stand in the customer’s shoes and demonstrated dedication to the customer experience.
- Fluent in Portuguese is a bonus, but not required
- Experience supporting partners is a bonus
This role will be remote and based in Mountain, Pacific, or Central Time Zone, USA.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $90,320 – $124,190
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan.