WHAT WE OFFER
Medical Dental and Vision – eligible at the first of the month after you start!
Health savings account
Wellness discounts on health insurance
PTO, sick leave, paid holidays
401(k) – we match 100% of your contribution up to 3%
Gourmet Nutritious lunches cooked by our own company chef using Gaia’s herbs, veggies and local organic meats. Yum!
Healthy vending machines in breakrooms
Free farmer’s market during season from Gaia’s own 350 acre Western North Carolina Farm. Best Veggies Ever!
Volunteer time off
Voting time off
Birthday honey from the Gaian farm bees
As our Head of Performance Marketing, you will develop and own our acquisition marketing strategy at a time of hyper growth. We’re seeking someone analytically minded, with passion for introducing consumers to products that will make their lives better. You will oversee strategy, execution, optimization, and analysis to build a scalable business, continuously maximizing the current programs, and testing and scaling new efforts. To be successful in this role you will be both curious, creative, and hands-on. We’ll look to you to be data savvy and a successful collaborator, bringing data to your narratives to influence our growth. The Head of Performance Marketing will oversee a team of internal and agency channel specialists who plan and execute Gaia’s media and CRM strategies for the company’s DTC business. the media mix for Gaia’s products. This individual will develop the performance strategy to help achieve our financial and product targets and test aggressively to find the best ways to convert our prospective buyers. Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing & E-Commerce, you will be a critical member of the Growth Leadership Team to drive business results for the company. You will work closely with numerous stakeholder teams including Finance, Brand Marketing, E-Commerce and IT.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and own the acquisition marketing strategy, including a multi-million dollar budget for our direct-to-consumer business
- Set annual and quarterly KPIs for the team, and track results on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis to provide insight into revenue and profit targets and ensure we are spending money wisely
- Oversee all media buying activities, including identifying new sources of customer acquisition, researching new areas of media, creative, and messaging to increase spend efficiency
- Own holistic retention strategy, including cross-functional strategies to drive LTV within each category, and to convert customers
- Own email marketing, including batch, lifecycle programs, triggered, and transactional emails
- Own identification and launch of new channels, such as text/SMS or push notification
- Lead a group of team members and agency partners to allocate, invest, and optimize the performance media budget across all channels to meet our business targets
- Lead agency negotiations to ensure adequate support while maximizing efficiency of fees relative to scope
- Manage and mentor acquisition team members, and drive a culture of continual analysis, testing, experimentation, and optimization
- Utilize data-driven methodology, analysis, and measurement to improve effectiveness and efficiency of our performance channels
- Oversee campaign management and reporting, including in-depth analytics of LTV, CPA, ROI, and incrementality
- Innovate and implement test and learn strategies and drive scalable results
- Lead QBRs and strategic documents that highlight learnings from our media investments
- A commitment to embrace the company’s mission-centric culture through alignment of personal behaviors with the company’s core values
- Maintain familiarity with Gaia’s B-corp standing and associated benchmarks so that our mission is considered at every stage of the business
The Director of Performance Marketing will manage a Digital Marketing Manager, Social Media Coordinator and CRM Manager.
Education and/or Experience
- 10+ years’ experience managing full customer lifecycles from acquisition through retention with a proven track record of funnel optimization and CLTV maximization
- 3-5 years of people management experience
- Experience building teams and efficiently scaling digital media investments
- Track record of growing marketing investment on a measurable basis at scale
- Demonstrated ability to work and influence decision makers in a fast-paced, start-up organization
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Exceptional problem solving, and analysis skills combined with the ability to synthesize and effectively communicate findings to all levels throughout the organization
- Willingness to be deep in the details while also being able to create and communicate higher level strategy
- Ability to build business cases and justification for increased investment
- Strong analytical abilities with a passion for data-informed decision making
- Success in managing agencies and other external partners to receive optimal value
- Comprehensive people management skills; the ability to lead at an empathetic, high EQ organization
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present and discuss both analysis and strategy to executive management.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk; talk and hear and type. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms, and occasionally lift up to 40 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to view a computer screen for extended periods of time.
This employee works either remote or in a standard office environment in Mills River, North Carolina, with travel required approximately 15 – 20% of the time as needed to support on-site and offsite events, both locally and nationally.
The above statements are meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Employee signature below constitutes employee’s receipt of this job description and understanding of the requirements, essential functions, and duties of the position.