You’ll be joining a global team of experienced and talented Product Managers, Engineers and Designers who are focused on building financial products that are simple, robust, and leverage the capabilities of the best payment processing partners available globally. You’ll own the merchant onboarding process, and will partner with other financial teams responsible for payment processing, pricing & tax, risk & fraud, payouts and more.
A successful candidate will be passionate about the customer experience, and is comfortable balancing the ideal experience with technical feasibility and business needs. You will be responsible for defining a vision, strategy, and leading a team in building a world class merchant onboarding experience. You will be comfortable making data driven product decisions supported by both metrics and user research. You will work cross functionally with multiple stakeholders and will collaborate with other product managers, engineers, and designers within and across business units. Your ultimate goal is to build an onboarding experience that balances compliance/risk mitigation with simplicity of onboarding.
- 6-8 years of product management experience, preferably with experience working in payments or on other marketplace platforms
- Balance strong bias for action with deep experience driving product alignment across multiple stakeholders, such as risk & fraud, legal, and tax & treasury
- Passion for building innovative products that solve user needs through deep understanding of the customer and finding product market fit
- Understand user needs, respond to tight deadlines, and deliver products that drive key business metrics
- Data-driven approach with the ability to leverage data to make decisions
- Thrive in a dynamic environment that involves rapid change of regulatory requirements
- Proven experience of developing and continually optimizing an onboarding journey
- Expert in using analytics tools including basic SQL, Google Analytics, and A/B testing
- Lead the ideation, research, design, development and launch of the merchant onboarding journey
- Drive a strong experimentation process
- Partner well – working with Design, Engineering, and other Product Managers to drive alignment
- Understand user needs; identify and define product requirements
- Create clear goals for the team. Drive product development with a world-class team of Engineers, Designers and Analysts to deliver impact for our business and users.
- Use data and metrics to inform your strategy and success criteria
WHAT WE OFFER
At Eventbrite, we strive to support our Britelings and their loved ones through different stages of life with robust and attractive benefits, financial and physical wellness options, and great perks. In addition to offering a competitive salary and company stock, we have other great benefits available. In the Briteland, you’ll find great medical plans, fertility and adoption benefits, wellness reimbursement, generous parental leave, and much more.
We care about your mental health and wellbeing.
Our employees enjoy free coaching sessions with Modern Health. We also offer free therapy sessions with a psychologist. You’ll also have access to private medical insurance for you and your family, that includes dental care. And our wellness program to pay for your gym expenses.
We work hard to cultivate a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where Britelings feel like they belong.
Employees can participate in resource groups and we offer programming throughout the year to support a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We offer ongoing training and career development that meets people where they are in their careers.
We offer unlimited access to courses in Udemy, leadership coaching for all managers, Briteling led talks, and weekly company-wide town halls with our CEO. We take culture seriously and design programs with employee feedback in mind to make Eventbrite a great place to work no matter where you work from in the world.
Work-life balance & flexibility is extremely important to us.
Our employees can choose what works best for them: work in one of our offices, be fully remote or the best of both worlds! We believe in a flexible working environment to allow Britelings to perform at their best ensuring a healthy work-life balance. We have recently implemented Britebreak Fridays: all Britelings turn off their computers and take the first Friday of every month off to focus on their wellbeing.