The Manager, Product Management (API, Digital, Saas) will contribute to the development and execution of business strategy for the Companys product growth across multiple solutions/services. Contributing inputs into financial forecasts and results, the Incumbent will help to transform business and market strategies into solutions for problems that are urgent, pervasive and that the market will pay to solve. Incumbent will support market research and infuse thought leadership across business units and cross-functional teams throughout product development, launch, and ongoing service provision. In addition to the performance of such other services assigned or delegated by the Company, the Incumbent will communicate to key stakeholders and will engage with customers and business partners to understand new market needs, as well as help to define and document roadmaps for execution and sales. The Incumbent will demonstrate technical expertise, as well as product management discipline, to bring cutting-edge solutions and assets to market, resulting in delighted customers and sustained growth.
- For commercially facing solutions/services, contribute to production of a strategic, multi-year business plan and blueprint to meet the overall product goals around key metrics (e.g., revenue, EBIDTA) participate in a regular review/update cadence (no less than quarterly) and support revenue attainment
- Support research to evaluate market landscape, technologies, industry, and competitive trends
- Engage with customers, internal stakeholders, and business partners to gather feedback and options for regular improvements, while understanding the Companys distinctive competencies
- Help to maintain a published roadmap outlining ideas, value, and timing of those to market, as well as the fit within the product portfolio
- Provide guidance and direction in the usage of healthcare data within the product portfolio, provide subject matter knowledge to product design and development initiatives
- Contribute to design and/or support partnering on solutions and services supporting early-stage technologies, supporting design-led research, supporting prototype development review, and helping to finalize fit into the product portfolio. Additionally, contribute to evaluation of potential third-party partnerships on an ongoing basis
- Contribute to design and strategy that define the value proposition and benefits for current and future products
- Support pricing and distribution strategy and definition
- Contribute to definition of key business objectives on a quarterly and annual basis for the Engineering team to design, develop, test, and operate towards supporting Engineering in development of requirements and use scenarios, partnering with Engineering to determine optimal technical implementation and delivery sequence, and helping Engineering prioritize and make trade-off decisions during development
- Support definition of contract terms and templates and help to ensure solution/service compliance, including data policies, during definition and early-stage phases
- Support Solutions Marketing relative to positioning, messaging, and launch of solutions/services
- Support Operations and Customer Support relative to execution
- Support Sales and Customer Success, on opportunity development and closure when high complexity and need for subject matter expertise are present
- Maintain and explore product knowledge opportunities to expand advisory services and syndicated offerings related to policy and strategy by deepening the understanding of policy throughout Inovalon, creating future policy directions and related engagement opportunities; and keep abreast of industry trends
- Maintain compliance with Inovalons policies, procedures and mission statement
- Adhere to all confidentiality and HIPAA requirements as outlined within Inovalons Operating Policies and Procedures in all ways and at all times with respect to any aspect of the data handled or services rendered in the undertaking of the position
- Fulfill those responsibilities and/or duties that may be reasonably provided by Inovalon for the purpose of achieving operational and financial success of the Company
- Uphold responsibilities relative to the separation of duties for applicable processes and procedures within your job function
We reserve the right to change this job description from time to time as business needs dictate and will provide notice of such
- Minimum of 6 years of experience with demonstrable accomplishments in strategic product management, business strategy, financial/business modeling and analysis, business plan development, market/industry research, and competitive analysis with at least one year of management responsibility
- 3+ years of product management experience building internal platforms and API’s to meet a wide variety of use cases
- Conceptual understanding of large distributed systems
- Ability to manage costs and expenses within a budget as well as ensure projects as assigned are managed to budget, scope, and timeline
- Demonstrated experience with customer feedback tools and quantitative analysis
- Ability to attract, develop, and retain high-performing talent and expertise
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Mastery of Microsoft Office tools, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint preferred
- Great organizational skills and get things done attitude
- Bachelors Degree is required
- Masters degree in related fields is highly desired
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Sedentary work (i.e., sitting for long periods of time)
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force
- Frequently or constantly to lift, carry push, pull or otherwise move objects and repetitive motions
- Subject to inside environmental conditions
- Travel for this position may be seasonal for specific product lines which may lead to concentrations of travel during specific periods of the year, but generally should not exceed 25% on an annual basis
By embracing diversity, equity and inclusion we enhance our work environment and drive business success. Inovalon strives to reflect the diversity of the communities where we operate and of our clients and everyone whom we serve. We endeavor to create a culture of inclusion in which our associates feel empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work and pursue their professional goals in an equitable setting. We understand that by fostering this type of culture, and welcoming different perspectives, we generate innovation and growth.
Inovalon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirement.
The Company maintains a drug free work environment for all of its associates, which includes employees, contractors and vendors. It is unlawful for associates to manufacture, sell, distribute, dispense, possess or use any controlled substance or marijuana in the workplace and doing so will result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment or the contracted relationship.
Consistent with Inovalons safety protocols, the company will require a vaccination attestation for fully office-based and hybrid (office/remote) positions. Positions designated as fully remote are exempt from the attestation requirement unless and until such time as an in-office presence is required.