The Product Manager will be responsible for the mission-critical risk & fraud system and workflows for the Kraken exchange. The ideal candidate is data-driven, technically adept and has a proven track record of achievement.
Responsibilities include building and driving risk & fraud vision and roadmap, deep understanding of our risk needs vs. the competition, close collaboration with client-facing teams on client behavioural patterns, detailing of product requirements and end-to-end execution together with the technology and service teams.
The successful candidate should thrive in a security-focused, collaborative, process-driven environment and be able to easily adapt and adjust to change without sacrificing the product vision. The position requires interaction with a wide variety of internal stakeholders at various levels of the organization. Candidates must possess the ability to clearly articulate the rationale behind decisions to business, compliance, technology and client-facing stakeholders. They must also have exceptional project management skills.
- Drive development of the overall risk & fraud product strategy, roadmap, and implementation phases
- Maintain market and competitor insights across the industry
- Work closely with client-facing personnel and key stakeholders
- Plan relevant testing, perform rollout planning and execution
- Definition and on-going monitoring of fraud related KPIs
- Evangelize the power of analytics and experimentation in building a data-driven organization
- Evaluate new product opportunities and bring forward proposals for improvement
- Develop product documentation including specifications, wireframes, and process flows.
- Facilitate communication across all project phases and proactively alert management of changes to scope, timelines and resources.
- Intimate knowledge of risk & fraud patterns, mitigation strategies
- Understanding of the compliance and legal implications of fraudulent activities
- Knowledge of the technical aspects of large scale risk & fraud systems
- 3-5 years of relevant product management experience
- Knowledge of the cryptocurrency exchange space
- Expertise in data gathering and quantitative analysis
- Solution oriented, highly-motivated and proactive self-starter
- Strong grasp of information architecture and user experience best practices
- Macro-to-micro versatility: strategic mindset coupled with a keen attention to detail
- Well-rounded interpersonal skills, and experience interacting with diverse personalities
- Deep understanding of project management principles and best practices
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Prior crypto, trading, gaming, banking or risk relevant experience is required.