Purdue Global Career SpecialistFull Time
Login to bookmark
The Career Specialist will provide support to Purdue University Global. Building on Purdue University’s mission to provide greater access to affordable, high-quality education, Purdue University Global is a public, nonprofit institution offering a world-class education online.
The Career Specialist develops strong long-term partnerships with Purdue University Global students by providing personalized mentorship and counseling services that engage and assist them in achieving their education and career goals. The Career Specialist provides comprehensive consultative services that assist students in developing short and long-term plans to meet their desired career objectives.
What to expect in this role:
- Proactively develop partnerships with assigned cohorts of students/graduates and provide consultative services geared toward career planning and job search strategies. Activities include but are not limited to: coaching on effective resume writing, use of social media in job searching, effective job search strategy, networking advice and conducting mock interviews.
- Mentor and coach students in their development of life skills such as time management, business etiquette, communication, and other soft skills to assist students in becoming strong candidates for employment.
- Partner with PG faculty members to increase awareness of in-field employment opportunities and educate students on occupational directions within their program of study.
- Develop and/or facilitate interactive training sessions/webinars that match students’ needs.
- Plan, manage and host industry or school-specific job fairs. This includes the research and proactive outreach to potential employers; as well as marketing planned events to students.
- Assume full ownership for the collection, analysis and reporting of graduate employment outcomes and service-related metrics for assigned student cohort.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- 3 or more years related experience in Recruiting/Staffing, Career Services, Higher Education, and/or Student Affairs.
- Exceptions to the degree requirement may be made for internal candidates who have an equivalent combination of education and Purdue Global work experience.
- Possess a strong customer service background in a metrics-based environment.
- Experience with Student Information Systems such as Cvue
- Experience in MS Office and the ability to adapt quickly to adjusting technology needs; able to present in a virtual environment; knowledge of various social media platforms and able to generate posts/replies on internal social media platform; able to research information using the Internet.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills coupled with excellent listening skills that enable effective communications with students, peers, superiors, and business contacts.
- Ability to network/build and maintain relationships with others online and in person as a representative of the university.
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships, handle confidential information, effectively problem solve, and work in a proactive manner.
- Must have strong time-management skills and ability to independently set priorities with minimal direction.
- Ability to identify and problem solve in a fast-paced environment with varying levels of demand and priorities.
- Highly organized with great attention to detail and organization.
- Self-starter and able to work independently while contributing to the greater good of a working team.
- Comfortable making cold phone calls to students and employers.
- Must be available for occasional evening/weekend events.
- Flexible and willing to perform other tasks as assigned.
- This is a remote (work from home) position. Candidates must be based in and legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Targeted salary range is $48,000-$53,000. Learn more about our benefits: https://www.purdue.edu/hr/global/benefits_enrollment/pgbenefits.php
- Purdue University Global will not sponsor employment authorization for this position.
- A background check will be required for employment in this position.
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)
- Purdue Global is proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Our goal is to recruit and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We celebrate the diversity of thought, backgrounds, and skills necessary to support an inclusive environment. Employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. All individuals are encouraged to apply.