Remote Director of Marketing & Communications
#remote #director #marketing #communications
Position type: Freelance, hourly contractor
Industry: Marketing & Advertising, Online Media, Streaming Media
Modev is a digital media company based in Arlington, Virginia. It is home to several tech media brands including VOICE, the world’s largest voice technology community encompassing live and virtual events, digital content and industry analysis. Modev is a small company working directly with some of the world’s largest tech companies, including long term partnerships with Adobe, Amazon, Google and Samsung.
Some of our current and upcoming projects include the monthly streaming show, VOICE Talks presented by Google Assistant (www.voicetalks.ai) and VOICE Global (www.voicesummit.com/global), a 24hr live streaming summit.
To help support these projects and others, Modev is looking to hire a Director of Marketing & Communications. This position is a full time role for a freelance contractor, on an ongoing basis.
The successful candidate will have deep experience leading digital marketing campaigns, be a master of strategy and execution, as well as be familiar with B2B and B2C campaigns. This position also requires the candidate to be a Hubspot expert and have achieved Hubspot certification.
In return, the person in this role will work directly with some of the world’s biggest tech brands, and on Modev’s own media properties, as we grow our influence and reach.
- Develop and execute multi-channel marketing plans that include, email, paid, digital and web content, to support business growth objectives
- Implement hubspot workflows and automation, using CRM and CMS modules, to support B2C and B2B campaigns.
- Manage marketing programs and campaigns to ensure they are meeting brand guidelines and building brand equity by delivering relevant and meaningful communications and experiences while ensuring deliverable deadlines are met
- Identify and work with talent to lead the creation of landing pages and continuous update of web content
- Develop and execute against creative briefs in collaboration with the marketing team, provide creative direction and strategy on projects, and implement overall positioning
- Oversee the marketing communications editing and approval process to ensure high-quality standards
- Establish and implement repeatable and scalable processes and project management for marketing communications; identify cost savings opportunities
- Identify and incorporate objective metrics and ROI measures across marketing communications materials, programs, and campaigns to evaluate the effectiveness and overall performance; adjust future tactics and campaigns as needed
- Leverage trends and best practices in marketing to drive innovative and effective communications strategy
- Maintain awareness of new media technology, techniques, and strategies such as social networks, and integrate them into communication plans
Who we are looking for
- BS/BA or equivalent and 5+ years of experience as a marketing director or similar role.
- Advanced knowledge of the digital & social media industry.
- Experience working on event campaigns, targeting registrations and sponsorships
- Deep experience with Hubspot CMS and CRM, certification preferred
- Excellent writing skills and a strong understanding of how to write SEO-friendly content
- Proven track record of setting up and driving marketing projects/programs within an organization.
- Understanding of front end development
- Good time management and organizational skills
- An ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Strong communication skills, ability to work across teams to develop, package, and share sellable opportunities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an eye for design and a flair for storytelling.
- Proven track record of strategic capabilities and thinking.
- Experience with media planning, buying, and ad operations.
- Solid understanding of content production across platforms, as well as in-show integration.
- Knowledge of or interest in the tech space, voice technology a bonus
- Proficient in g-suite
Applicants must detail relevant examples, submit a cover letter outlining how they fit the requirements of the role, and provide links and visuals to previous work.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $30.00 to $64.00 /hour
- HubSpot: 3 years (Preferred)
- event campaign: 3 years (Preferred)
- marketing director: 5 years (Preferred)
- Please submit a link to your portfolio of previous work