#Remote #Financial #Analyst
Dalstrong is looking for a driven, ambitious professional who has strong data analysis and cost accounting experience. This role has high visibility, reports to the CFO and has potential to be promoted to more senior levels.
– Own responsibility for the creation, maintenance, and presentation of budgets to the leadership team and preparing business recommendations based on the analysis of these budgets.
– Analyzes material or unusual actual cost variances from budget.
– Interacts with various corporate functional leaders for necessary research.
– Conducts reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
– Reviews, analyzes and compares monthly and quarterly operating department financial results and key performance indicators against budget and forecast and other internal benchmarks, including balance sheet and cash flow analysis.
– Assists in the enterprise-wide annual strategic planning process.
– Prepares monthly cash flow forecasts and trend reports for operational metrics and makes recommendations for improving analysis and overall performance.
– Utilizes judgement to recommend when policies and procedures need to be changed. Suggests, recommends and implements changes. Engages in discussions around company strategy and development.
– Leads sales and demand forecast; quarterly calculation of safety stocks and lead times. Calculates the allocation of finished goods to various warehouses globally.
– Month-end close responsibilities (Executive reporting package with financial statements reporting, KPIs, contribution margin, product mix, financial statement analysis and variance explanations).
– Ad hoc analysis, price/volume trend analysis for promotional and advertising spending, presentations for senior management, enterprise reporting, industry benchmarking and strategic data analysis.
– Project cost estimates, capital appropriation analyses & facilitation of operational improvements.
– BS in Finance, Economics or Accounting, MBA in Finance or Accounting, CMA or CPA is a plus.
– Excellent english communication skills (both oral and written)
– Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in the financial planning and analysis department of a manufacturing, distribution or an e-commerce company.
– Experience in a large organization with established processes is a plus.
– Extensive understanding of financial trends both within the company and general market patterns.
– Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation negotiating and influencing skills.
– Proficient in MS Excel; including pivot tables and vlookups, sumif or other formulas, super user of an ERP system.
– Experienced with cost / managerial accounting; standard costing, absorption accounting, demand planning, manufacturing and purchasing planning, lead times and safety stock calculations.
– A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles.
– Experience with NetSuite is a plus.
– Must possess the ability to partner with associates at all levels of the organization.
– The position requires a highly motivated individual with strong analytical skills, intellectual curiosity and proven leadership skills.
– The ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously is required.
Excited to talk with us?
Please reply to this job listing with:
1) Your CV/Resumé
2) A Cover Letter outlining your interest, and also answers to the below questions:
– What part of our job excites you the most?
– Please discuss a relevant finance work struggle that you resolved, and how
– Please outline how you’d structure your monthly workload to cover all finance responsibilities here.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.