#Remote #Lean #Business #Project #Manager
Lean Business/Project Manager – B2C and B2B Software Industry
We are a B2C software startup with a PC-based application that improves the performance, reliability, and management of PCs that is also looking at expanding into B2B.
The business started a few years ago with traction demonstrated by product sales and online reviews. The underlying technology is one of the most advanced in the industry and can be used for application portability, virtualization, and security. However, we haven’t had consistent sales due to inconsistent marketing. For continuous growth and improvement of our product, we gather feedback from our customers, and we assimilate the feedback to improve our product even more. This is an opportunity to work with cool software and help drive amazing growth.
We need a Business Manager that understands Lean Business principles with an intense focus on execution and also contributes to our mission—by joining our Company, you act as a catalyst in supporting a team of freelancers for execution on all aspects of the business from marketing to web development. The manager would coordinate with the business owner to identify opportunities that would translate to additional projects. This is a long-term position with a flexible schedule.
· Manage operations to grow revenue for the business
· Define and iterate business strategy in collaboration with the business owner
· Make sure projects/tasks are delivered on time and on budget and up to quality for you and any team members
· Manage team communication and freelancer performance
· Adjust projects/plans as necessary to maximize ROI
· Collaborate and provide timely status to stakeholders
– 1+ years of proven experience in growing revenue/controlling costs in a software business with a strong focus on the overall business experience/strategy executing in the software industry
– 1+ years of experience in defining and executing on overall business strategy and related B2C and B2B marketing and sales strategies focused on tech-savvy customer personas
– 1+ years of experience in execution on key business functions (marketing, sales, recruitment) and experience with managing teams focused on these functions
– Proactively manages client communications and expectations to ensure client satisfaction in partnership with internal teams
– Must have excellent communication/writing skills
– Demonstrated ability to work remotely with little oversight/support from key stakeholders
– Experience in, and a high comfort level with, a fast-paced, deadline-driven culture
– An understanding of industry trends, development principles, and project methodologies
– Possesses excellent organizational skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at the same time with often-changing priorities based on customer feedback and business needs
– Action and goal-oriented and efficiently completing projects from start to finish
– Demonstrated ability to translate management directives into project plans with costs, resources, KPIs/key metrics
– Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all key stakeholders about status, deadlines/timelines, and risks and mitigation strategies
– Familiarity working with project/task management tools, e.g. Asana
– 2+ years of proven experience in growing revenue/controlling costs in a software business with a strong focus on the overall business experience/strategy executing in the software industry
– 2+ years of experience in defining and executing on overall business strategy and related B2C and B2B marketing and sales strategies focused on tech-savvy customer personas
– 2+ years of experience in execution on key business functions (marketing, sales, recruitment) and experience with managing teams focused on these functions
– 1+ years of defining clear project plans with costs, resources, and metrics and managing a team to complete tasks on time and budget
Compensation is dependent on experience relative to our required and desired skills.
Note: We will only contact those that we shortlist. Thanks.