Sales & Business Development Lead (Indices)Full Time
Login to bookmark
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide – our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
About CF Benchmarks
CF Benchmarks are the world’s first and leading cryptocurrency index provider, authorised and regulated by the UK FCA. Our indices are in full compliance with UK Benchmark Regulation (BMR), proven by two successful audits undertaken by Deloitte. We’re a trusted partner to some of the most respected and innovative financial institutions and our fully market tested reference rates and indices power regulated financial products including listed derivatives, investment funds and structured products from the world’s leading firms including the market defining crypto derivatives suite listed by CME Group and the BlackRock Bitcoin Private Trust.
About the Role
The successful individual will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with prominent institutions in the traditional financial industry and the cryptocurrency native industry to seeking out opportunities to license the firms index products. The successful candidate will take a key role in executing the firms go to market strategy and work closely with marketing and content teams to achieve the firm’s commercial objectives. The right candidate will have a strong understanding of the traditional use cases for indices amongst different target segments including asset managers, asset owners and sell-side banks and brokers. but also be a creative thinker that can seek out new use cases in the evolving cryptocurrency ecosystem. As a key client facing team member this role will also be expected to provide market intelligence and feedback to shape the firm’s product development strategy and pipeline. The successful candidate will play a major role in an integral part of the cryptocurrency ecosystem and its development as an asset class.
- Build, maintain and expand relationships with the firm’s key index licensing clients and prospects to drive revenues
- Articulate and market the key benefits of the firm’s products to potential licensees
- Work closely with the content and marketing teams to convert awareness and interest into business opportunities
- Identify new opportunities for the firm’s indices and data to play a role in the cryptocurrency industry
- Provide market intelligence on product demands in the industry
- Strong understanding of the use cases for indices and market participants that utilize them
- Demonstrable track record of building client bases and revenues in the financial data space
- Knowledge of the market structure for cryptocurrencies
- Experience of a dynamic, fast paced, start-up fintech environment a bonus
- Basic knowledge of the EU BMR regulatory framework a plus
- 3+ years sales experience within a financial institution or financial data provide (can be either traditional finance or crypto)
- Have an acute commercial sense and be adept at building networks, leveraging all communication channels
- Able to work in a team environment whilst benefitting from great autonomy
- Self-starting, ambitious and motivated by the opportunity to define an emerging asset class
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don’t fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you’re passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.