Precise is looking for experienced Agile Senior Business Analyst to join an interesting, high-visbility project with a team of award-winning thought leaders. In addition to expertise in the Agile framework, we are looking for a pro in communication. We need someone who is a strategic thinker, has the ability to think ahead about interdependencies and anticipate risks – a trusted resource for internal and external stakeholders. Experience with digital application development, new cloud product builds, data integration, and managing a wide range of stakeholders is essential.
The Senior Business Analyst is responsible for gathering and documenting system/business requirements, performing requirement analysis and systems analysis, liaising between stakeholders and development team, facilitating design and of software solutions, assisting with the testing process, and helping quality assurance process. Verbal and written communication and experience leading meetings are key required skills.
Applicants must reside within the D.C./Maryland/Northern Virginia metropolitan area or within a 2-3 hour drive. The position is mostly remote.
Successful candidate will be able to pass a Public Trust clearance.
Responsible for stakeholder management, requirement elicitation, preparing estimations for business analysis tasks and deliverables, systems analysis, preparing functional specifications using user stories, acceptance criteria and use case narration. Responsible for ensuring unique business needs are properly translated to functional specifications and provide a system solution, assessing options for process improvement, leading cross functional team collaborations, assisting with the maintenance of project schedules and developing various status reports.
- Plan out business analysis efforts, including stakeholder analysis, communication planning, and elicitation techniques
- Facilitate requirements meetings, interview sessions, brainstorming, documentation analysis, and other techniques as necessary
- Support customer meetings to understand current client business practices and business needs supporting requirements analysis
- Ensure that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable, and that they conform to standards
- Validate requirements with business stakeholders and team members
- Collaborate with stakeholders and team members regarding requirements development and translation into software specifications
- Support traceability efforts from high-level business needs through functional validation
- Participate in requirements prioritization and backlog grooming sessions
- Write detailed descriptions of user needs, program functions and dependencies required to develop or modify applications
- Manage changes to baselined requirements through effective application of change control processes and tools
- Coordinate the stage gate review process including assembling document packages and working with team members to complete required documentation
- Work closely with developers and testers to ensure all requirements are understood and have corresponding test scripts
- Manage the documentation for multiple applications and releases across more than one development team while meeting deadlines
- Assist in maintaining concurrent project schedules
- Develop weekly and monthly status reports
- 8+ years of work experience in Information Technology as a Business Analyst and Tester in an Agile environment
- Must be able to qualify for a Public Trust clearance
- Facilitates meetings with business owners, technical leads, and other stakeholders
- Supports Scrum Master activities for technical team coordination
- Captures business needs and develops corresponding functional solutions
- Facilitates development of technical requirements, user stories, and mockups to address business needs and work with developers and testers to ensure prototype solutions meet expectations.
- Develops Weekly Status presentations.
- Estimates testing levels of effort for requirements.
- Determines testing approach for break/fix and enhancement requests.
- Supports UAT prep efforts in conjunction with business owners/ users.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools
- Proficient in formal software development life cycle processes
- Proficient with JIRA and/or Microsoft DevOps
- Demonstrated abilities as a driven, self-starter and quick study
- Story Creation
- Report Generation
- Experience in a government environment
- Agile development practices
- MS Visio
Precise Software Solutions, Inc., an SBA 8(a) program participant, is an innovative small business with a proven record of success delivering quality services and solutions to government organizations. A CMMI Level 3 company, Precise serves as a trusted advisor to senior technology executives and helps government agencies enhance and expand their information technology capabilities. Precise helps their customers capitalize on the efficiencies offered by technological advancements and ensures the integrity of their IT systems and programs so they can perform their public mission more effectively. The company is known for delivering agile and innovative solutions and specializes in strategic consulting, system modernization and integration, digital transformation and experience, infrastructure and cloud implementation, and data management and analytics.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- Comprehensive Health Benefits (Medical, Dental and Vision) including High Deductible Health plan where company pays 100% of the deductible for your family.
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Retirement Plan with 4% match and discretionary match at year end
- Paid Time Off (PTO): 15 days of PTO accrued per year; 7 holidays+ 3 Floating holidays; 2 Innovation days (paid training days)
- Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Jury Duty leave
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Training and Development
- Wellness Incentives & Discount programs
- Employee Referral Program
- Annual Charity Donation Match
- Awards and Recognition