Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly’s customers include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.
We’re building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
The Senior Manager, Content Marketing advances Fastly’s story by leading a talented and creative team that thoughtfully crafts content that supports our brand and business goals. As a member of Fastly’s marketing team, you’ll lead collaborative efforts with several cross-functional teams to conceptualize, produce, and execute content-led programs that build brand awareness and generate leads.
The ideal candidate is highly skilled at finding unique story angles and translating the technical into universal insights. You’ll excel in this role if you’re deeply curious and have a passion for words, data, photos, videos and infographics that tell compelling stories that engage readers and inspire them to act. If you’re a natural collaborator and multi-tasker, eager to dive right in and own the process of brainstorming, writing, and editing this is the role for you!
Your primary goals will be driving brand awareness for Fastly and producing content that drives interest, preference and demand for Fastly products.
What You’ll Do
- Inspire action by Fastly’s audiences (Enterprise buyers, developers, partners, etc..) with the right tone, message, and delivery.
- Own and manage Fastly’s editorial calendar with deep collaboration & enthusiastic partnership from across the company
- Drive a thought leadership program that drives engagement by senior buyers and distinguishes Fastly from other tech companies
- Develop content across multiple mediums and channels (ebooks, reports, white papers, email, ads, blog, landing pages, events, video) – in particular Fastly needs compelling content that can feed our hungry Demand Gen engine
- Get tuned into the Fastly brand story, stay on top of industry developments, news, and trends; strategically bring these two sides together to pitch and create timely, relevant, and ownable content.
- Conduct research and interviews to build content around a differentiated point of view
- Proactively connect with partners; schedule and hold meetings to drive plans and projects to completion
- Act as a strategic content partner on cross-functional programs, working directly with those teams accountable for activating and promoting your content to set objectives, key performance indicators, handoff expectations, and deadlines.
- Function as an in-house content authority and advisor by educating and influencing others on content plans and objectives
- Scale content production by finding opportunities for expanding or atomizing content, and working with contractors and vendors
- Ensure integrity of our brand narrative in your writing and editing (voice, style, tone)
What We’re Looking For
- 5-7+ years writing and driving content marketing programs for B2B brands at a fast-paced company or agency
- Experience performing research with and acquiring insights from a variety of sources — from industry publications to customer interviews
- Meticulous attention to detail with outstanding proofreading, fact-checking, and editing skills
- Ability to present complex technical concepts in a clear and compelling manner
- Ability to get inside the mind of our target prospect/customer personas, and tailor messages for that particular audience — from ads to landing pages to event collateral, and beyond
- Can closely collaborate with design to shape, define, or adapt to the creative direction; provides great care for how copy works with design
- Great teammate with outstanding communication skills and a hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves work ethic; comfortable seeking out relevant internal and external subject matter authorities and helping shape content opportunities with them
- A propensity for project management and interpersonal communication; comfortable juggling multiple projects, delivering them on time and on budget
- Flexibility to work with a globally distributed team, coordinating across locations and timezones
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Technical Marketing, Computer Science, or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience is preferred
The estimated salary range for this position is $131,000 to $200,000. Starting salary may vary based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as experience, skills, qualifications, and location. This role may be eligible to participate in Fastly’s equity and discretionary bonus programs.
We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits that start on the first day of your employment with Fastly. Curious about our offerings?
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance. Family planning, mental health support along with Employee Assistance Program, Insurance (Life, Disability, and Accident), company paid holidays, paid time off and paid sick leave are there to help support our employees. We also offer 401(k) (including company match) and an Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Fastly reserves the right to amend or modify for any reasons in accordance with applicable law.