Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: Mountain View, CA, USA.
Remote location(s): United States.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in operations and vendor governance in the consumer electronics hardware industry and supply chain.
- Experience as an operations leader.
- MBA/Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Experience with Customer facing or Carrier facing operations.
- Ability to engage and proactively lead efforts with business, operations, finance, and engineering teams
- Ability to manage, negotiate, and collaborate to meet operational performance.
- Excellent program management skills within a fast-paced, cross-functional environment.
- Excellent data analysis and communication skills.
About the job
As the Service Operations Manager, you will be responsible for managing Google’s Service Hardware partners, and working with cross-functional teams, external service providers, and carriers to manage service operations and resolve challenges.
May require travel within North America based service provider locations and needs as well as to Google HQ.
Google’s mission is to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user’s interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people’s lives better through technology.
(Colorado only*) Minimum Salary of $170,000 – $183,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation range for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
- Oversee providers of Google’s consumer hardware day-to-day service operations for the North American region, ensuring all business goals are met.
- Lead performance metrics and conduct regular business reviews with service providers related to reverse logistics operational results.
- Execute improvement programs with cross-functional partners to ensure we are building support of customer’s returns and repairs.
- Track and manage specifications required by our various global retail partners and internal Quality teams.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also and If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our .