Platform.sh is a remote-first global workforce that began in France. Our founders are committed to a better way, and that common thread continues today in each of our staff. We’re inspired by a future where digital infrastructure is at once everywhere and invisible. Where innovation and collaboration can easily flow, without technical barriers.
We’re a collective of diverse backgrounds seated together, testing, innovating, challenging each other, and reflecting on new ways to improve digital experiences. We’re here to help our customers thrive.
Bring your experience to our team and help us build a better way.
The purpose of this role is, directly reporting to our VP of Global Alliances, to ensure high satisfaction of our OEM partner Shopware by:
- Organizing roadmap acceleration initiatives and helping with the coordination of internal projects
- Communicating during and after incidents
- Managing and maintaining relationships with important stakeholders
- Helping handle escalations either within partner teams or ours
- Organizing Quarterly Business Reviews (reviewing business KPIs, strategy and processes)
- Possibly participating in conferences and company events if needed
We are particularly interested to find someone who is having existing professional relationships in the Shopware Community, with Shopware Agencies, or worked with Shopware in the past.
Going forward, you will have be involved in other partnerships but probably not in the first 18 months with Platform.sh.
What you can expect to do on a daily basis
- Coordination for the flawless execution of ambitious, time-constrained development projects
- Work with our White-label Product Manager and the VP of Global Alliances to ensure alignment between partner requests, roadmap goals and short-term goals. Communication with all company stakeholders to give an incredibly clear project of both advancement and roadblocks
- Partner Backlog grooming. Making it pretty. Actionable. Sublime
- Knowing all the things; where each skeleton is buried
- Making partner projects delivery predictable. Measurable. Finding impediments and helping remove them
- Partner Project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Review resource availability and allocation with Product Managers for Accounts, Engineering and Ops
- Reporting and escalation when necessary to the VP of Global Alliances
- Partner delivery management (release planning, QA follow-up) coordination with the Product managers from Accounts, Ops and Engineering.
- Overseeing all communication and reporting with the partner: Pre-sales, Sales, On-boarding, Finance, Customer support and Customer care.
These generic objectives will be broken down periodically into more defined goals to reflect the priorities of the company. These objectives may be reviewed at any time with your manager.
What you bring
- You are an experienced customer-facing infrastructure or cloud engineer that likes human contact and extinguishing fires. You understand the value of building long-term relationships with partners.
- You are impassioned about DevOps and have experience with web technologies.
- DevOps and infrastructure knowledge
- Excellent communication, presentation, and analytical skills are a must in this highly collaborative role
- Ability to read some programming languages
- Git knowledge preferably
- A customer-oriented attitude combined with a positive and proactive nature
- Autonomy and the ability to work well with a distant international team
- Ability to travel 15 to 20% of your time
- Magento, WordPress, Symfony, Drupal, Ibexa DXP, Shopware, Typo3, and/or PaaS knowledge will grant you points
- Bonus points if you speak German
What we bring as a team
- We want to enable a long-term relationship with clients and Platform.sh, so we do not rush things with a prospect. Whenever possible we do not assume but confirm information and collect data before jumping to conclusions.
- We help each other out, may it be help on a project or covering for colleagues whenever possible. We share information by default with all internal teams and prefer to work in the open.
- We are the trusted advisors to our prospective clients. We come with a lot of knowledge but we are never afraid to say when we don’t know the answer (yet). Constant learning and improvement is our standard. It is our privilege to get to know new teams and technologies.
- We don’t oversell a feature if it doesn’t solve the clients problems. We don’t promise solutions where the product doesn’t have one. If we make mistakes, we own them and help find solutions.
Company perks and benefits
- Leadership that cares
- A global team rich with culture and diversity
- An open work environment where your voice is encouraged. We can always find ways to do better and look forward to hearing your ideas.
- A product you can believe in. We’re changing the way companies develop and manage their web applications
- Wellness stipend of $300 a year
- Professional development budget of $800
- Tandem – a pool of linguists from around the world willing to help each other work on learning new languages
- $3,000 office budget at hire (computer is mandatory but spend the rest on things that help you work, from headphones to a wifi extender) and a welcome kit of branded swag
- A yearly global gift exchange – get paired up with someone 3,000 miles or kilometers away and share a part of your home
- We’re voted as A Best Place to Work. 96% of employees think Platform.sh is a great place to work
- Company-wide DE&I initiative that you can be a part of
- Yearly, international, company-wide meetups (when we’re not experiencing a pandemic)
- Fair PTO based on your country’s standards
- Inclusive parental leave (timeline is country-dependent)
- Remote working/flexibility
- Healthcare, dental, and vision (US, CA, UK and FR staff only)
- Matched contributions to 401K/RRSP (US and Canada staff only)
- Extra compensation for on-call ops and support staff
- Company shares (discretionary)
- Unlimited Platform.sh accounts
- 6 months of individual coaching for all new managers