Social Media ProducerFull Time
As a key member of the content team, AccuWeather’s Social Media Producer will create, develop and implement social media initiatives. Functions of this role will include conceptualizing, developing, designing, shooting, and editing of social medial projects.
Who We Are
AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania; a severe weather center in Wichita, Kansas; and offices in New York City and elsewhere around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their activities and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather For Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, digital out of home, the 24/7 AccuWeather Network channel and AccuWeather NOW streaming service. Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites
- Lead in creating and developing engaging social media content across all platforms.
- Assist in the implementation of AccuWeather’s first YouTube channel
- Analyze market efforts to drive audience traffic to AccuWeather
- Understand social media strategy as it pertains to the demographics of each platform
- Edit/caption photos and video, as necessary
- Utilize and leverage influencers to grow the AccuWeather brand
- Partner with Journalists/ Reports to develop relevant stories or content that will drive social media audiences.
- Understand audience, monitor breaking news, and quickly respond to developments, produce posts and provide content that will appeal to the target audience.
- Use expertise to provide timely, relevant, and creative material to drive target audience.
- AccuWeather will consider remote candidates in the following US States: CA, CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, IL, IN, KS, KY, MD, MN, MO, NE, NV, NJ, NY, NC, OH, OK, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, and WY
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, Digital Media, or a related field.
- 3-5 years of Social Media production experience
- Ability to create engaging content
- Ability to build and maintain a YouTube channel
- Proficiency in social media metrics and analytic tools
- Ability to edit & caption social media content appropriately
- Excellent editorial background as well as outstanding verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail, and a demonstrated ability in managing multiple projects while working effectively with cross-functional team members.
- Proven ability to conceptualize, create and execute social media strategy and campaigns while overseeing the daily responsibilities of a robust social media presence.
- A team player who thrives in a collaborative work environment and takes initiative and functions effectively, both independently and as a member of a team.