Sr. Program Manager, Product OperationsFull Time
Login to bookmark
The person who fills this role will be a critical founding member of this team; if you’ve got a passion for both building awesome products and helping them go-to-market, and have the core Program Management skills to make it happen, we want to talk to you!
In this role you will report to our Director of Product Operations. As a team you will be responsible for the health and maturity of our product processes, the effectiveness of the communication to internal and external stakeholders, and for coordination of our highest priority cross-team product initiatives. You’ll use your deep knowledge of SaaS development practices to work closely with the leaders within R&D – including Product, Engineering, and Design. You’ll also use your expertise to ensure that our partners in Marketing, Customer Success, Support, Sales, etc. can work in lock-step with us as we take new features and products to market.
What you’ll do:
- Lead our major cross-R&D programs that span multiple teams, keeping teams accountable to their milestones, elevating, resolving barriers to achieving our outcomes, and ensuring transparency in our communications to the broader organization
- Build tight communication and feedback loops with our cross-functional partners for our product roadmap, bugs, feature requests, and incidents
- Extract, synthesize and communicate product data, as well as R&D team metrics in systematic ways
- Support the design of, and own core execution of operational frameworks and processes for the R&D organization, such as: annual and quarterly roadmap planning, customer research and experimentation, status reviews, product showcases, team onboarding and continued education, go-to-market, and OKRs
- Implement, administer, and improve tools used by the R&D team
- Manage R&D org changes and initiative communication plans
- Maintain R&D team knowledge base
- Partner cross-functionally across the org with teams including our strategy teams, our Engineering Operations team, our Integration Management Office (IMO), and the cross-company projects led by our central Project Management Office (cPMO)
- Identify areas of operational opportunity within the R&D teams as well as with our cross-functional partners and customers
Here’s what you need to know/have:
- Experience in product operations, program/project management, product management, or similar role
- Deep understanding and demonstrated use of standard product discovery and development methodologies, e.g. agile scrum, kanban, shape up, inspired, etc
- Proven track record of designing and executing transformative programs with heavy cross-functional go-to-market collaboration – including processes and systems to support predictability and goal accomplishment
- Ability to influence and affect change at all levels of an organization
- Proficiency in administering Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence, etc)
- Strong skills working with, automating, and visualizing data, such as Snowflake, Tableau, Google Sheets, and other tools
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Key values include: seeking to understand first > being right, making data-driven decisions, willingness to take risks, and a deep sense of ownership and accountability
- Bias toward simplicity – applying the minimal necessary structure and process, and keeping the internal R&D user experience in mind
- Empathy and flexibility – understanding how to thoughtfully navigate the different work practices and context of various stakeholders and implement programs skillfully
What will help you get further, faster:
- Experience developing SaaS at large scale – both R&D and GTM
- Experience with Silicon Valley Product Group and/or “Zone to Win” frameworks
Get in on all the awesome of Instructure:
- Competitive salary, equity and 401k.
- Medical, dental, disability, and life insurance.
- HSA program, vision, voluntary life, and AD&D.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Paid time off, 11 paid holidays, and flexible work schedules.
- Gym club reimbursements and rewards-based fitness tracking.