You’ll manage a growing social team and lead our social marketing efforts across Spotify for Artists, Spotify Charts, and Noteable. You’ll lead all aspects of creative and innovative programming across our owned social media channels, working closely with a variety of teams (growth, content, product, design, and PR) to implement social strategies and produce social content. This role reports to the Head of Creator Content & Editorial, and will manage internal resources as well as an external agency.
What you do
- Lead social strategy and oversee content development and programming for Spotify’s music creator brands (Spotify for Artists, Spotify Charts, Noteable)
- Manage a social media manager, external agency, and embedded community managers
- Oversee day-to-day social publishing and operations across Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, TikTok, and future emerging platforms
- Represent social media and our audience within Creator Marketing and cross-functional conversations, serving as an internal expert on social, content, and our community
- Work alongside production, editorial, product, and brand marketing teams to identify social opportunities for content, product launches, and large marketing initiatives
- Identify future opportunities for social media to grow and oversee our expansion onto new platforms, new formats, and into new international markets
- Identify testing and optimization opportunities in collaboration with growth marketing
- Manage the social budget and create distribution plans for social and content initiatives
- Collaborate with social marketing teams across Spotify to represent music creators in cross-functional initiatives and content programming
- Regularly communicate trends, standard methodologies, and insights across the organization, and use that knowledge to grow our platforms and add new value for our audience
Who you are
- You have extensive experience leading social media strategy at a brand or publication, with at least 1-2 years of management experience
- You understand how to use social media to make a business impact and are an expert at identifying social content, testing, and optimization opportunities
- You enjoy coming up with new, creative concepts to execute on social – whether it’s through video, thoughtful community engagement, UGC, etc.
- You inspire others to see the value of social media marketing and work collaboratively to make social a pivotal piece of cross-functional projects and marketing campaigns
- You keep up with the ever-changing social landscape, and are always ahead of the curve when it comes to identifying new trends on social
- You have experience using both organic and paid social strategies to achieve goals
- You can clearly communicate sophisticated technical concepts and speak to a variety of audiences, ranging from artists to marketers, with authenticity, personality, and empathy.
- You have worked closely with external-facing partners, clients, and/or talent (e.g. creative agencies, social platform partners, talent, etc.)
- You enjoy working with creators at all levels of their career and are passionate about helping them grow and succeed
- Experience in the music industry is a plus, particularly if you understand the nuances of the music business, the relationships between artists and teams, and the creator journey
- International social experience is a plus.