Job ID: 2022-2669
# of Openings: 1
Category: Human Resources
With over 45 locations in 15 states, and nearly 1,000 employees, Colony Hardware is the leading distributor of Tools, Equipment, Fasteners, Supplies, and Safety Products to commercial construction and industrial accounts throughout our markets.
Our customers can count on us for same or next day delivery of over 30,000 products from the top names in the industry right to their job site with no minimum order requirement.
At the heart of what we do is building long-term, meaningful relationships. Whether it is our customers, suppliers, or our associates, everyone is a part of the Colony family!
At Colony, our people are our most valuable asset. Success as a Colony Associate means being reliable, conscientious, and passionate. With our direction centered on teamwork, every employee at Colony will not only find their work to be meaningful, but will have the opportunity to grow alongside Colony, both professionally and personally.
Additionally Colony offers offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k with company match, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, long term and short term disability insurance, and employee discounts on our extensive catalog of products.
Reporting to the Director of Talent Acquisition, the Talent Acquisition Specialist is responsible for recruitment activities including: advertising for open positions, screening resumes, conducting phone screens, interviewing applicants, working with hiring managers, obtaining approvals, conducting reference/background checks and facilitating the new hire process.
- Executes full-cycle recruitment, including but not limited to: sourcing candidates, screening resumes, conducting phone interviews and scheduling on-site interviews with appropriate hiring managers.
- Obtains guidance from management and senior-level team members as necessary in order to provide strategic staffing support to assigned client base.
- Facilitates position requisition approval process.
- Confers with hiring managers to determine most qualified candidate; compile, negotiate, and extend offer to the selected individual.
- Develops and maintains job descriptions pertinent to company positions.
- Creates online job advertisements through Monster, LinkedIn, Indeed, and state-specific online portals.
- Develops and maintains a network of outside contacts including recruiters, agencies, and professional organizations to help identify and source qualified candidates.
- Maintains applicant tracking system through posting jobs and facilitate system training for hiring managers.
- Coordinates on-boarding process for all new hires, including but not limited to: conducting reference checks, initiating criminal and motor vehicle background checks, and pre-employment drug tests.
- Ensures that applicant records and statistics are properly maintained; ensure that all phases of the employment process are in full, legal compliance.
- Assists with all onboarding of acquisitions and implementation of processes and procedures, including presentations and informational processes.
- Analyzes employment related data and prepares required reports.
- Provides management with information or training related to interviewing, performance reviews, counseling techniques, or documentation of performance issues.
- Plans and conducts career fairs in different branch locations as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree in Human Resources, Business, or other related discipline preferred but not required.
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ recruiting experience for exempt and non-exempt positions.
- Prior agency recruiting experience strongly preferred.
- Experience in college recruiting a strong plus.
- Experience working in applicant tracking systems.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize work and perform multiple tasks.
- Must have excellent time management, negotiation, critical thinking, decision making, and organizational skills as well as attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills including speaking, reading, and writing in the English language with the ability to converse verbally with others on the phone and/or in person.
- Must have outstanding customer service skills with the ability to interpret customer needs as well as demonstrate a customer service mindset when dealing with internal and external customers.
- Must have working knowledge of recruiting policies and practices following legal processes.
- Ability to build relationships, recruit candidates, and make selection decisions.
- Ability to demonstrate great leadership activity and take initiative in making decisions and implementing new processes.
- Must be comfortable giving presentations and orientations to a group of 2 people or more.
- Ability to travel for occassional career events including college campus activities.