DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they agree. Our flagship product, eSignature, is the world’s #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from virtually anywhere, at any time. Today, more than a million customers and a billion users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people’s lives.
What you’ll do
The Technical Support Engineer is a strategic customer advisor and the internal voice for our customer base. Act as a communications bridge for our customers using their preferred language while advocating for relevant and appropriate cultural references to provide the best world-class customer experience.
The Engineer will both have the accountability and responsibility to meet our customers’ needs delivering proactive and reactive support for customers, partners, and DocuSign internal teams to resolve issues, for addressing subscription inquiries, and complete technical tasks.
This role acts as a liaison between customers and all functional areas within DocuSign to resolve technical support inquiries. Provide feedback and carry the voice of customers and partners focused, but not limited to, on localization-related adjustments of products, support practices, and processes.
Working with resources across DocuSign, the Support Engineer expedites the resolution of complex technical issues to empower customers to achieve the highest value and adoption of our software.
This position is an individual contributor role, reporting to a Technical Support Manager.
- Delivering proactive and reactive support for customers, partners, and DocuSign internal teams to resolve issues, address subscription inquiries, and complete technical tasks, assisting and facilitating communication between DocuSign and the customers using their local language
- Contributes to reviewing, translating, and creating localized language contents and support practices
- Provides exceptional technical support for DocuSign products and associated services
- Handles incoming support channels to troubleshoot customer inquiries, including but not limited to API integrations, embedded systems issues, network and security-related impediments, 3rd party integrations, and multi-product workflows
- Uses broad technical product expertise within the product areas to help customers increase product and feature utilization
- Utilizes support tools and resources necessary to solve customer issues, including Salesforce, Jira, DocuSign proprietary logging systems,G-Suite, browser developer tools, internal admin console, SQL, and text analysis tooling
- Proactively identifies improvements to the product, identifies bugs, and otherwise discovers high-impact opportunities to enhance the customer experience
- Promotes DocuSign products and services to customers and prospective customers via consultative discussion and evaluation of their service and support needs
- Manages escalated cases from internal channels to troubleshoot issues customers face when using DocuSign products
- Provides support for internal peers for inquiries on product knowledge and engagement paths, including translation to and from English of customers language
- Meets and exceeds DocuSign Customer Support service level goals for areas of product expertise
Remote:Employee is not required to be in or near an office frequentlyand works from a designated remote work location for the majority of thetime.
Positions at DocuSign are assigned a job designation of either In Office, Hybrid or Remote and are specific to the role/job. Preferred job designations are not guaranteed when changing positions within DocuSign. DocuSign reserves the right to change a position’s job designation depending on business needs and as permitted by local law.
What you bring
- Fluent in English and German
- Bachelor of Science degree in a Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline
- SaaS troubleshooting experience in a Technical Support capacity
- Knowledge of troubleshooting in a web-based environment including HTTP, JSON, IIS, HTML, and CSS
- Understanding of log analysis using network tools such as Fiddler, HAR Analyzer, browser developer tools or similar
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented, excellent organizational skills and superior time management skills
- Effective communication skills which are a key component of this role, with audiences that include customers, peers, and occasional executive presence
- Multi-lingual in other DocuSign supported languages – French, Italian preferred
- Ability to troubleshoot regular expressions and other complex data validation rules
- Expertise with web-based applications, web service APIs, monitoring tools (e.g. Dynatrace), and authentication technologies such as SAML and oAuth
- Familiarity with structured query languages such as SQL and SOQL
- Ability to maintain composure in critical situations and communicate clearly with both internal and external customers
- Ability to collaborate with peers across the organization without friction
- Experience of DocuSign product range or integrations
- Professional experience within relevant industries for which DocuSign provides solutions
- DocuSign organization administration work experience
- Language translation experience or previous practice in the localization industry
- Past experience in reviewing localized content in terms of format and style, to ensure that it meets the required standards
- Familiarity with Jira and Salesforce for case management